Sugar, Opiates & Bad Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by black.afrika.zulu.x, Feb 6, 2018.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

i hardly hear here any US hiphop anymore, its more like eupropean hiphop, eu-pop, EDM, so i would say US major labels have a hard job to sell their music to us in eu.

about sugar and opiades, is there any indication to back it up this theory?! evidence would be nice, but on the other hand i dont care to much about the US ...

2. black.afrika.zulu.x

black.afrika.zulu.x Platinum Record

Think of it as a research proposal...piece the correlations together and this is the story they may tell.

Don't you think?

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

of course, but where are you diagrams, statistics, etc if you check out papers in science they do have thi stuff, other than that its only a theory not even a research.

4. black.afrika.zulu.x

That's how I started my post: "Here's my theory..."

Argh, I'm too lazy to supply evidence. Just consider the proposition and its explanatory scope. Look for yourself. I'm not pressuring you to agree...

5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

6. black.afrika.zulu.x

7. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Blorg

Blorg Producer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. black.afrika.zulu.x

I think there's some qualitative evidence from these kids' lyrics themselves. All they talk about is abusing prescription meds. Also, doesn't the music sound mind-numbing and drugged up most of the time? Come on. Do you need statistics and pie charts to show that Reggae artists smoke weed?

LMAO!!!

11. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

US/British pop/rap scene has become a joke really. The problem of those genres is that they are very limited as to what they can offer, so the only way to top former acts and attract attention is to act as a bigger douche.
    And yea, these people take lots of shit because they have no logic, ergo they are stupid.
    Mixing pot with pills, syrup, crack cocaine, etc...most of them have fucked up livers before they turn 30. Hell even abusing pot can fuck up your liver and other organs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

if would prefer a nice tex beamer presentation with all diagrams and stuff done in tikz as pdf compiled and a nice recorded talk from you. :rofl:

if you look on the whole way how american is feeding the nation with food, tv, etc it cant be healthy and in the end you write about what you comsume and do in your life nothing more or less. so yes it could be ...
    (on a side note, the education in america is also brilliant not, so i guess kids can hardly see how damaging sugar, the junk food and drugs can be, by logic this should be even clear, but when you never learned how this works, you wont care.)

13. twathead

twathead Kapellmeister

A new HipHop artist i discovered recently in this new style of Rap era that is worth listening to in my opinion is Joyner Lucas, incredibly talented rapper, flow wise and lyrically has something to say.
    The music videos for his album tracks are super creative too, check his track based on a true story Ross Capicchioni.
    Also check his remixes of the hit mumble rap nonsense thats out recently, he absolutely annihilates them !!!
    Enjoy.....there is hope

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. foster911

foster911 Guest

I don't give any opinion about Hip-Hop & Rap (my knowledge doesn't zap you) but IMHO Rappers are the deepest and loveliest humans (diamonds in the rough) in the music industry. I can't prove it but just swear it.:bow:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  15. black.afrika.zulu.x

That's deep.

16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

eh?[​IMG] [​IMG]
    https://www.google.com/search?biw=1.....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.80....0.BQqgD_KCzk0
    hey TINY,

you are forgetting one little thing,
    musicians from EVERY genre are heroine addicts and die from sugar and dope fool.
    Jazz just was the first ( over 100 years old son)

[​IMG]

if you want to use that noggin
    https://drugabuse.com/30-famous-musicians-who-have-battled-drug-addiction-and-alcoholism/

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...usic-alcohol-substance-abuse-addicts-symphony

https://www.northpointrecovery.com/...ative-professionals-addiction-information.php

https://mic.com/articles/88363/science-reveals-what-drugs-really-do-to-artists-brains#.3KdyZo8Ld

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  17. Blorg

Blorg Producer

Cool it, Daddy-0, I dig. Am a hep jazz cat just like yourself. Wannna see me blow a roofer? err... roofie? Reefer? Dig this transmodal jass groove, baby.

18. BooBam

BooBam Ultrasonic

Maybe it's because I'm old...really old, like my saving grace in grade school was Buddy Holly also wore glasses.
    I came up through the basic rock unit of two guitars, bass & drums. I idolized Bo Diddley, and the early rockers, Fats, Chuck Berry, Little Richard. I never had formal training but later studied East Indian Classical music and played tablas for four years. Did studio work, TV, toured, cut records and all that.
    When Rap started I thought somebody left out the "C"...to me sampling was chicken shit and producing became very much like compositing images in Photoshop but with sounds. But unlike good Photoshop work you could always "see" the edges in sampled sound.

Now, to me, most all this stuff sounds very much the same. I found it too funny and ultra ironic that they are synthizing the sounds of old synthesizers with all the 808's and other samples out there...and people actually charge cash money for this stuff!? Making like it's all dope and you ain't using the right deoderant or toothpaste if you ain't using this particular bunch of samples in your mixes. It's become a lot like the white folks all moving to the burbs in the 50's and having the exact same house and car and haircut as the neighbors.

To me a musician is someone that actually plays an instrument and makes music themselves. Preferably with an acoustic instrument, but electric pianos, organs, guitars, lap and pedal steels are all fine too.

I agree with everything that has been said here regarding the reasons why, drugs, chemicals in the water and food, vacses, whatever.
    My feeling is computers make it easy. To go back to the Photoshop thing...in the 90's suddenly everyone was a Photoshop expert cause they could take the red out of little Jenny's eyes. You could stand on any corner of a major city and toss a rock over your shoulder and you'd hit a graphic designer. Now it's a electronic musician...but all things will pass.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. Blorg

Blorg Producer

^Musicians are people who pay their rent by playing music.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

[​IMG]