(sugar-bytes.com) Factory Available

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Apr 2, 2016.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Factory

[​IMG]

Factory will be an 8-voice synthesizer with an 8×10 modulation matrix that can be fully randomized. The synth will include a morphing slider which will make it possible to morph between two different modulation matrix states.

The plugin’s two main oscillators will feature Sugar Bytes’ latest analog synthesis technology, as well as the possibility to load external samples which will be transformed into a wavetable (with wavetable scanning support). In addition to the two main oscillators, Factory will include a sub oscillator (which can serve as a ring modulator for the two main OSCs) and a noise generator. The filters, which were designed specifically to work in tandem with Factory’s oscillators, will come with multiple filter modes.

One really interesting option will be the ability to quantize the pitch modulation (coming from the pitch envelope) to a scale. And of course, coming from Sugar Byes, Factory will features tons of different FX types, some of which were designed specifically for use in this brand new synth.

Factory is your safari ticket to the wilderness of sound. Bearded basslines go fishing for diamonds in a lake full of frogs. Crank the crossfader to morph from a tricky beat to some mellow chords. Combine what no one else has combined yet. This is not your usual preset-clicker. Factory is the new poly-synth from Sugar Bytes. The one with the matrix.

[​IMG] 2x10 Oscillator Engines, plus Sub Osc (with RingMod mode) and Noise (with 5 Colors)
    [​IMG] 8-Voice VA-Sync, FM, Transformer, Wavetable (6 Flavors), Waveguide, Fractal Synthesis
    [​IMG] 11 New Filter models, matched to the oscillators
    [​IMG] Morph Crossfader allows for morphing of all continuous parameters
    [​IMG] "Liquid" Mod Matrix with 8 sources & 10 targets is the centerpiece of sound creation
    [​IMG] 3x Multi-Effect with drag 'n' drop signal flow, incl. newest reverbs (Corpus, Piano, Spring, Shimmer)
    [​IMG] 4x Sequencers for all kinds of Gates and CV's, incl. 36 motion curves, uni/bipolar
    [​IMG] Arpeggiator, Intonation engine, Scale Quantizer
    [​IMG] Over-Featured Envelopes, LFOs and Sample+Hold

[​IMG]

Windows (32/64 bit)
    Win7 or higher, 2GHz, 2GB RAM

Mac OS X (32/64 bit)
    10.6.7 or higher, 2GHz, 2GB RAM

Interfaces
    Mac OS X: VST / AU / AAX*
    Windows: VST / AAX*

Screen Resolution
    1024 x 768

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

*Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher

Factory (Full Version)
    Price: €139 / $139

DDL LInks WIN | MAC

Source

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 12
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

One of the very few SUPER CREATIVE, supremely talented, quality developers around.

Absolutely beautiful UI and I'm sure it will sound like a house on fire. :chilling:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  4. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

@One Reason
    Fine UI but I don't understand why the hell they use light grey labels on white background... There are dark gray and black ready to use.:dunno:

5. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

haha... well yes, the labels could be darker for some tastes.... its just a matter of finesse, subtlety i suppose, I quite like it myself..

6. real

real Kapellmeister

That just looks fucking cool. Sugar Bytes has this way with GUI's where they make the GUI look as good as the plugin actually is without throwing too much CPU heavy graphics processing power at it.

7. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Looks like I would be instantly familiar with this synth and have great, long sound tweaking sessions.
    It not only looks good, it also seems to have an intuitive design that does not give you worries about "how the hell can I ..."
    SugarBytes, you're on the right track! :wink:
    I bet it's even a good contender for an iPad AU+Standalone version with its nice large controls.

I like the idea of introducing jitter into the OSCs, I guess that's going to phatten up the sound without adding more oscillators.
    I just wonder how well those 8 voices will work with long-release pads.

They do have great ideas @SB. Egoist was their last really innovative and useful product imho, this one could be the next.

8. Slider

Slider Producer

Not being much of a synth guy, I just personally find it amazing with all the many many synths that have been developed and available out there over the years, that developers can continue coming up with new or innovative shit that excites synth guys, but apparently there is! There just appears to be no limit to getting new and/or unexplored sounds from these. By no means judging, just thinking out loud, so rock on brothers and sisters! :wink:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Haha.. just noticed....

25K on synth development...

$17.95 for the Sugar Bytes party poster.. :hillbilly:

10. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Sauces. Sauces. Sauces everywhere!

jk. Looks really nice!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

A bit disappointed, at first i thought with a name like factory that they had put together all their fabulous effects plugs into one - THAT's what they should do! But of course it's understandable that they make more money by selling them separately :snuffy:

12. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

looks sweet!

13. PsYAuM

PsYAuM Ultrasonic

I normally don't do processed sugar but looks like I'll be making an exception for this audio feast!

14. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Dev Interview @ superbooth16 in Berlin. It's in german language.

15. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Kapellmeister

Sounds and looks promising!

16. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

Cool looking Synth!

17. thejohndoe

thejohndoe Ultrasonic

I seriously hope they consider releasing some of those internal fx in some other fx oriented VST.that pianoverb sounds feckin amazing.completely shits on the one by PSP.

18. thejohndoe

thejohndoe Ultrasonic

I've been playing with it all morning and it's really not a bad synth,although,the subtractive oscillators absolutely suck.they are unbelievably thin sounding.everything else about it is pretty good though.the waveguide oscillator is probably the most useful and i really like its "spawn"triggering option in the arpeggiator.the oscillator FM is ACTUAL audiorate FM with little to no aliasing and you can even modulate the fx with oscillator 1 and 2.so for example, you could fake the sound of transducing your input sound with a resonant body, by audiorate modulating the spring reverb or the pianoverb with either oscillator 1 or 2 (still doesn't sound like a contact mic obviously,but it has the same sort of effect you'd get from propagating a resonating body with a sound)

I would of bought it straight off if their was an FX version with audio input but there aint,so alas,i think i'll give this one a miss

19. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

20. Nice. Randomization is the new specificity. Me likes.

21. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Good one :thumbsup: