Suddenly disappearing random audio tracks sound

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Nofolobricity, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Hello everyone!

Sound of audio tracks may randomly drop out. For example, I render the bass part from the midi instrument to the audio, then I press play and the bass may disappear. I have to press the space bar twice. Then it returns to the mix. Well, after a couple of plays/stops, it may disappear again.

It happens randomly. Only a couple of instruments in the mix can start playing from time to time

I want to note that this problem is not only with the rendered audio. For example, vocal audio parts too.

Sometimes I can wait and the sound is restored after a few measures. And yesterday there was the case forced me to close the project and to load the backup version because in a certain section of the song the vocal simply did not play, as if there was a mute automation

Has anyone came across this, solved this problem?

3. F.L.O.W.

F.L.O.W. Producer

Shock! :) Both just audio, my friend. No difference.
    Or volume automation? :dunno:
    Or random messages firing out from a dodgy MIDI controller?
    Like...a Presonus Faderport...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Actually if I turn off my M-Audio MIDI keyboard the situation won't be better :(

5. F.L.O.W.

F.L.O.W. Producer

That's a very technical way of testing to see if if is the keyboard controller sending out random messages! :no:
    Why don't you at least try and unplug it and see?

6. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

if this is a real problem, it's probably "known" already by other users. if that is true and you cannot find results, it is probably because of the search terms you used.
    a brand new bug may take a little while for people to find it and then post about it...but that is usually stuff that is well buried into the program. not playback.

maybe something more like this:

https://answers.presonus.com/66312/tracks-randomly-mute

their problem appears to be with comp tracks, but they mention platforms and version numbers.
    but now you have another avenue to google again.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
  8. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Unfortunatelly Google doesn't know. I've surfed already almost everything :)
    This problem is actually not new for me. I've experienced that for a long time. But this day I decidet to ask people on forums cause I couldn't stand it anymore

9. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

What are your specs and DAW?

Also, have you tested your hard drive for any errors?

Have you tried rendering one midi track at a time?

10. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

You just reminded me of the time when I was helping out a woman with her brand new computer. She was having just basic trouble with it. When I got round there she was using the open CD try as a coffee cup holder.. WHY exactly you just reminded me of that I have no idea.. but still, you know me.. :D

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

with Reaper around, there is no way I'd put up with a bug like this one for long; if me or my setup was not the one causing it. (but it always probably is), but that is a big decision.

the first things I would do, would be to remove it cleanly. Reinstall a version which is not having the problem. Roll back to a prior version where it did work. Reinstall audio drivers, maybe switch to something like ASIO4ALL to see if that changes anything. Open the same project on another computer with S1 or have someone check it out. It could be something like a bad plugin, some demo emitting noise.

0 of the required details for someone to help fix it have been provided.

12. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice Kapellmeister

Maybe a hint :
    I recently tried Win 10 Controlled Folder Acsess set to on.
    It was not a good idea. Could not record and some data was not beeing written to hd.
    I had to add exceptions for SO and related folders .Now I think it works , but I think I will disable it anyway.
    -Is it Important ? :dunno:

13. tripey

tripey Ultrasonic

This happens to me a lot and randomly. It's annoying... We've been talking about it on the PreSonus forum... I like Studio One a lot but there are a good deal of weird bugs that aren't show stoppers but definitely makes the software feel like a toy sometimes. It's not too horrible cause I'm still able to work but hopefully they'll get some of this stuff figured out.
    So yeah, right now I just hit the space bar multiple times to get it to play and also having to close the mixer and reopen occasionally because it won't let me enter texts in the notes section.