Successfully run legit and cracked iLok plugs?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Northernboy, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Northernboy

Northernboy Newbie

Hello.

Aynone know if it's possible to run both on one machine? I currently have other k'd stuff using the openssh method that someone posted on here and I don't want to fuck that up. Reason why I'm asking is because I'm considering buying the decapitator or soundtoys bundle because the k'd soundtoys bundle freaks out after about 15 mins with some high pitch squeel. There doesn't seem to be a cracked soundtoys osx bundle out there or any time soon which might remedy the situation so figured might as well just buy it.

Possible to run both?

Cheers

3. petepx

petepx Kapellmeister

Work perfectly for me on Sierra with iLok 2nd generation. I use legit soundtoys bundle (and many others) without any problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Disfunktion

Disfunktion Ultrasonic

Hi Northernboy,

Yes it is possible to run both k'd openssh iLok plugs and legit iLok plugs on your machine at the same time. I'm working on OS X 10.11.6 and have had no problems running them together with iLok 2nd Gen. I also purchased legit Soundtoys 5 bundle :wink:

5. Northernboy

Northernboy Newbie

Cool. Did you try the k'd version of soundtoys first and then decide to buy it due to problems I described? Don't want to invest in a paid for version and experience the same issues.

6. Northernboy

Northernboy Newbie

Thanks man, I'm still on 10.8 so hopefully should work fine.

7. Northernboy

Northernboy Newbie

Also, there isn't anything I need to be aware of before trying this? Need to completely removed the k'd versions first? Anything with ilok i need to be aware of that might fuck things up?

Cheers

8. Disfunktion

Disfunktion Ultrasonic

So far on OS X 10.11, its been great with legit bundle.... i'm running Soundtoys V5.2

Yes I did experience audio drop outs and GUI problems with old K'd versions, so I decided to update when I seen their sale. And i'm also happy to support companies with that deliver good quality products :yes:

I couldn't tell you much about how they would work on OS X 10.8.

Soundtoys 5.2 system requirements say Mac OS X 10.8 or later, so i'm assuming it should all work good for you.

My advice for installation would be make sure you have all the k'd plugs you want installed, then just remove your old K'd Soundtoys plugs and install new legit bundle. Register your serial with your iLok account and everything should be good to go :wink:

9. Northernboy

Northernboy Newbie

Cheers dude, helpful.

10. thuglife69

thuglife69 Member

Old thread but same question as OP just for Mojave 10.14.6. Looking forward to buying Morph2 and Soundtoys, but also have a few k'ed iLok plugins. Most people say that it works together without problems, however do I need to consider something special in order to not mess up?
    And also - probably stupid question - is it a hardware key like a Dongle which I need to carry with me anytime? :(