subwoofer on shelf?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by tzzsmk, Jun 12, 2020.

1. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

Hello friends,

so I finally got a sexy (sounding) 12" subwoofer for my home studio,
    after few measurements with REW and adjustments in DAC, it sits comfortably on the floor behind my table, in front of shelf,

I wonder, if I could/should place it on that shelf, so it would sit at about equal height and distance from me as my main monitors (which sit on that shelf already)?

it's first time having subwoofer in the mixing room, so I'm open to ideas and clues

:unsure:

3. Haliax

Haliax Guest

4. 9000k

9000k Producer

so that's why girls don't have any interest in me, all my jacks are silver plated

5. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

I've read all that and many other guides indeed,

I will probably experiment on my own (as mentioned in that guide too - "You can run a plethora of computer algorithms to try and predict the best place to put your subwoofer, but what it really comes down to is experimenting with different options, collecting data, and choosing the option that works best."

though I was curious, since even they mention "Common single subwoofer placements include along the center of walls" I wondered, if center of the wall, but at desk height on shelf, in front of the window, would be a complete nonsense or not,

here's what I'm getting with 12" sub under/behind my desk (no room treatment yet):

[​IMG]