Stylus RMX - Problem with recording in Logic

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Alraun, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Alraun

Alraun Member

Hi guys, i need a little help from my friends. I have recently discovered Stylus RMX for my purposes.
    Full of enthusiasm i created with ReCycle in many hours of work an awesome REX Loopset using my own Frame Drum samples.

Today i wanted to record some grooves in Logic, to build them into a project. But Logic has not recorded one single sound from RMX.
    I hear the sound, the recording seems to work (at least a track is produced), but it does not contain any recorded audio data.

Any other software instrument that i have ever used, was controlled with a MIDI-Keyboard. Recording was never a problem.
    Not so RMX. It is the only instrument plug which i use without external keyboard, so i certainly have to change some settings.
    But i don't know which settings. I mean, i here the sound, it's there. It must be possible to record the output from RMX in Logic.
    To read the manuals did not bring me further in this matter. In Logic manual only instrument plugs with Keyboard are described.
    And RMX manual...pffff.

I tried a lot of things, changed this and that - without success.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i am no pro in things like that and currently at the end of my wisdom. :dunno:
    Does anyone of you guys have an idea, which settings i have to change, so the recording works?

Any help is very much appreciated. :)

3. Me2audio

Me2audio Member

hi, unfortunately i dont have logic to try to help you,
    but my MAC mate :mates: , point me out to Vacheto tip
    here

"There is a Logic feature "Recording from Bus" which is very useful for real time recording. Route the Aux output to any Bus # (instead of Stereo Output), select an Audio Track and set the Input select of that Audio Track to record from the Bus # (instead of hardware audio input). Arm the Audio Track, hit record and play. The RMX Aux or output will be routed to the Audio Track and recorded as separate audio in real time".
    and here for RMX multi outputs

4. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

i think you have to route the RMX channel OUTs to an audio channel INs and record the audiochannel. In Ableton live is easy. You freeze the midi recorded track and then drag and drop on an audiotrack and thats it.

And if you encounter delays in recording as well as in midi data and also in audio then go to bottom left of RMX and change trigger data from 'next beat' to 'immediate'

5. xsze

xsze Guest

I was going to write this actually, make your output to go into some bus and than insert audio track that have the same bus as input input and start recording real time :wink:

Nice work Me2audio :mates:

6. Alraun

Alraun Member

Wow. I can't believe it. That was a direct hit. Now it works. :wink:
    I have set RMX channel output and Audio channel input to Bus 1.
    Guys, i have no words. Thanks so much, indeed!
    That's a real gift for me at the end of the day. :hug:

Again: this forum is worth gold. :bow: