StudioOne 3.5 Latency Monitoring Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by shortikno, Jun 3, 2017.

1. shortikno

shortikno Member

Hey guys!

I'm really loving the new S1 3.5 update. So glad I made the switch to this DAW. I have one question that I can't seem to figure out. I'm hoping someone here can be of assistance. After a bit of playing and tweaking I got the new native zero latency engine to work extremely well. I can now record into huge sessions without disabling any plugins or switching any interface settings or any dropouts. It's a beautiful thing. The weird issue I'm having seems to be that Tape Style monitoring appears to be always on. Whether it is checked in the prefs or not, with the zero engine enabled, I can't hear playback on a record enabled track. This makes punching kind of strange (or impossible), where now I would either need to switch back to the normal latency engine, or create another track just for the recording...which I guess is ok and not a huge problem...but... I thought that's what the Tape Style Monitoring checkbox was for. So when that's on, playback is muted by record enable. With it off, I should be able to hear the playback while recording. Am I wrong? Can anyone please be of any assistance with this matter. I really appreciate it :)