StudioLinkedVST Sampling Others Libraries

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by iswingwood, Mar 31, 2013.

1. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

A single "bit" of information is that which reduces the uncertainty by 50%. The thread is about SLVST sampling other libraries. Wouldn't it be nice if you took responsibility that the comments you add to the thread would honor the topic (in general, not just this one) and at least add a "bit" of info that would give us a little less uncertainty on topic or ride us in similar direction?

If you guys can't resist urges to insult or feel insulted, attack or feel attacked and defend from insults/attacks which is equally insulting to the thread itself pretty please try to add a bit of info as well so that the rest of us not interested saloon fights could follow the thread. How much time is lost going through comments devoid of "bits".

I wish there is a button to collapse all comments that do not add bits to the thread or maybe even added
    "Saloon Fight" or "Attack/Defend"" button left to the "Reply" bellow each comment so that you can take your chosen opponent to the other room to clear thing up thus helping us reduce the white noise in the forum.

While this comment also doesn't add bits to topic at least it is attempt to reduce the noise by adding some controlled noise. Excuse me for a bit of dithering.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Sooo........ U are telling me that studio linked sampled instruments for an SAMPLER library?

see what I did there?

I knew playing that same segment of that song over and over that day fried your brains,
    I'm sorry for u all, but that can't be fixed, you Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. and god does not except refunds.

Ps. one reason seems a little biased but I get his point.
    psps. if slvst is reading this, and I gues he is...... do not ever ever let a low note die that early again... like cmmn it's 2016 :rofl:

3. Lean

Lean Producer

Can't really pass judgement without proof and in that aspect i tend to agree with One Reason.
    I guess you have to draw distinction between "wholesale use of copyrighted samples" versus use of certain "sound synthesis" forms.
    Personally I think Maizesoft "Maize sampler" is an abomination and any no serious Developer is going to ever really utilise it until huge improvements are made.
    In my own opinion it is a really poor way of putting together a product but I stress that's just my opinion and there are always going to be exceptions to the general rule.
    Well Nexus is a software Rompler with limited usage of "sampled content" etc from RAM.
    Libraries such as EWQL etc utilise a more traditional usage of sampled content.
    Of course this sort of thing happens with certain developers but it's a hard one to prove.
    Does anyone really know the strict legalities concerned with say using a software Rompler in some aspect when developing a VST? I don't :dunno:

I would suggest that if an individual was prone to utilising such methods then it might be a wiser choice to use a purer form of digital synthesis whereby no copyright infringement claims could be made as digitally synthesized wave-forms cannot be copyrighted.

About the company in question. Well i think their products have a certain place but for me personally they are of little use.
    They are obviously not at the top end of the spectrum but I think that's pretty obvious from any serious perspective.
    With their Kontakt libraries I've notice the odd error here and there but that happens.
    I guess if you can make good music with the products in question then great.

Quite like the GUI design :bow: and think it's about the strongest aspect which says something I guess but that again is just my own opinion.
    Apart from that then I have to agree that in the absence of hard fact then you can't uphold such claims even if there is a certain degree of suspicion. The costs involved in doing so also make it impractical and unlikely that it will happen.
    If it works for you then buy it, support the developer and use it to make some good music I guess.
    As for the ethical conundrum well a different story I guess.

4. mored

mored Newbie

what people fail to realize is that these vst companies shop for sounds from big vendors that create sounds for vsts. They also shop for different vst interfaces. (maize sampler for example) I just don't see why studio linked vst hasn't used the "rip off" money to choose a better quality vst and shop for better sounds or just make their own.

5. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I thought it would be that way. And why not.

"I just don't see why ... shop for better sounds or just make their own"

A lot of companies decide to invest not a penny more, than they need to. So they maximize their business profit. (The industry I work in, this is a common position, although not mine. I'm selling in my little high price niche, but I don't say I'm better than others. I just made a decision long time ago).

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Lean

Lean Producer

Agreed you can't simply re-invest all profit.

The profit margins with small Kontakt libraries are often tiny anyway. Also remember there is no protection (barring Player & that's not protection anyway) Once they out there I'm pretty sure sales hit a huge low.

Paying bills & staff for me personally comes first but it would be nice & I get what mored means and to a degree it makes sense. With regards to VST's/Plugins, there is little need to re-invest much cash anyway.

Simply utilize better methods i.e learn how to code or pay someone who can rather than use a buggy sampler to create a rubbish VSTi & that should by & large solve the problem.

7. oldskoolproductions

oldskoolproductions Producer

It's not only the Sample... It's the gear that is used during the process of sampling. Lots of people sample and sell 808 and 909 drum samples, but they are processed with analogue tape machines and other gear... So, regardless.... even if they did sample a patch.. It still could have been altered in the process.. Also... in the STVst Library's you are paying for there GUI interface... If your a seasoned Kontakt user.. then the GUI really shouldn't mean shit to you... Considering that you can build one yourself.. or even in the back-end of Kontakt.. do so much more... In the end... your just paying for someone to do all the leg work your too lazy to do yourself... years ago my friends an I would go to the music store and buy a synth for the sole purpose of sampling the patches and then just return it after the weekend... we created our own library's....

8. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

I have done this too. I still have Redmatica's AutoSampler. It was the best tool for making custom libraries. But I wouldn't use it to sample other plugins for sale. :no:

9. statik

statik Audiosexual

i'm getting confused by this thread, first off i can relate to iswingwood on calling them out, second off i can imagine it's all presets that come from some synth that they both sampled, third off i know the waldorf microwavext was also used in nexus (the patch introducing fatness is one of the factory presets from the mwxt, no i dont have proof i dont have the synth anymore but anyone who was had it will recognize it instantly), fourth off why the hell am i reading a thread from 2013, fifth off I AM SO CONFUSED BY AMBIVALENCE

10. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

I changed the video setting as unlisted. So with some time, it will disappear from the google search. I didn't expect to make it public so long. I abandoned the account for some years and forgot my login credientials. I see that SL is making better efforts now to be original. Still not my caliber of product, but it works for those who are convinced.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. SoundGod

SoundGod Newbie

i have actually seen a video online of this exact comparison

12. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

haha yes well that video was made for this threat 3 years ago by iswingwood