StudioLinkedVST Sampling Others Libraries

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by iswingwood, Mar 31, 2013.

1. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

AND HERE IT IS MATE! :dancing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBpCWzBJzBU

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Hmm.. Id say at best they sound similar... but.. using the same instruments.. why wouldn't they?

Certainly aren't exact... but I will leave others to make up their own minds.

Altho In my own music I am not typically using brass, orch hits, I think that.. should I undertake a search for similar sounds using many other plugins I could find very similar results....time and again. I'm pretty sure I could emulate all three if I really wanted to.

I come across this all the time with samples, and with more electronic sounds or guitars..

Are we to point out every similar sounding presets now?

Thanks for at least throwing it up. *yes*

Ive also seen threads where REFX was accused of the same thing...and NI... and Spectrasonics....and any number of sample lib companies.

Just more expensive.

What came first.. the chicken or the egg?

It is what it is.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if every Co. out there used something from someone else at one point or another.

I know Studiolinked puts up pretty extensive videos showing tons of their sounds and presets for all their products..

I would suggest if your that worried about it... check those out before buying. :grooves:

3. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

Wouldn't surpise me at all either.. In fact, Spectrasonics admits to sampling from the actual hardware. In fact, they are affiliated with the Bob Moog foundation. Refx is a romplr, so they got the sounds from somewhere. At least its better quality than those who copied from them. Like i say my ears are trained to these sounds. I've been engineering too long and many of my clients use these consistently. Dont see how you could doubt this, unless they are you friends.

4. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Oh.. I have done GUI design work for them.. thats why\how.. and Honestly.. seem like real good people to me..

Actually, don't seem... Are.. good people.

Ultimate leads

Modern Guitar

:)

5. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

Well that explains your position. Seem has nothing to do with what I pointed out. Sure they could be loving and caring people. I'm no judge of that. BTW Tone2 is hiring for GUI dev.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  6. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Thx for the heads up.. when i say good people, I mean, not the type that would intentionally screw anyone over.

7. Evinerupt

Evinerupt Newbie

What i dont get is why some people are so quick to say they are doing anything wrong. Seems to me like who created this thread is just trying to bash them and have no real knowledge of plugins. How do you know that they didnt just license any of the instruments from other companies. Many of the big sound companies dont make the samples themselves they hire out or license existing sample libraries. Think about it how many grand pianos can there be. Why are you so quick to judge what is truth without asking them (you may have but from the sound if this forum im assuming you obviously have not). Think about it, One thing i can promise is if they for any reason did something illegal they would have been removed quickly. Havent you noticed they are cracking down hard on this type of stuff look at Megaupload.com. Also It is not possible to exacting take a instrument from other plugins. Are ways of cloning software instruments but requires a conversion process that would reduce quality. From the samples in the videos ive heard they sound pretty decent, ive heard alot worst from some of the even large companies like eastwest. Also looks like Saint Joe from Soundandgear who reviews alot of the best products on the market did a review on one of their products Youtube Link .

I think honestly people need to focus more on making better music than worrying about jumping on a forum sounding uneducated just trying to bash a company or any negative topics for no reason. iSwingWood why do you hate them did they do something to you? Sorry if i gave the wrong impression here just tired of forums turning from education and good advice to a straight bash fest. I was on a forum where people did the same to Vengeance sound creators of Refx Nexus 2 for sampling in there sound libraries. Who cares if you have a problem just dont buy there stuff. Quit being chicks coming on here spreading lies and go make music. If you think you can make better sounds then those companies go do it and stop with the gossip.

8. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

All of this really doesn't matter because in the end StudiolinkedVst has just as much potential to sound good on certain productions as the next VST. Shouldn't you all be busy working on music anyway, whats with all this nonsense? :lmao:

9. djzaiko

djzaiko Newbie

lol Studiolinkedvst sounds like having a box of recolected soundfonts from free websites with a new gui looking :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

This is the SLVST guy :rofl: for anyone who wonders.

And this is where the sampling(ripping) takes process.

11. Ambar

Ambar Producer

thats true... but their recent libraries have some decent sounds at least

12. KingzDubStep

KingzDubStep Ultrasonic

i think they are an awful company as ive brought one of there VSts and a lot of the sounds were BLATANT rip offs from a few of the nexus expansions i own so yes i think they are rip off merchants and the owner is a douch, just look at the videos i think hes the poor mans steven slate lol

13. Parkerbeats

Parkerbeats Newbie

Really unfair to compare their old releases to new stuff. But all old ones i have from them sucked but the new ones are amazing. I love how they cater to us bedroom producers. Their GUIs are fun...STUDIOLINKED gets a thumbs up from me

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. KingzDubStep

KingzDubStep Ultrasonic

Only someone working for the company would say "Their GUIs are so fun" so i would imagine seeing as you joined today, the very same day that you also posted the stevie wonder video ha ha

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

I have been saying this for years every single sample Library out there is took from Hardware and Vst plugins that's why it is a joke when they try to put a license saying that they own everything and you can't use without their permission they stoled all their sounds from somebody else and then they want to say that they owned it they're out of their minds that's why I don't worry about using stuff that is shared because if they want to go to court I can prove that they took it from somebody else so they can get sued too

16. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

I wouldn't go that far buddy. Look at Omnisphere for example. The owner Eric Persing made presets for for the hardware keyboards. Then he put a lot of work and programming in to his product. He clearly shows where the samples come from in the patch descriptions. I don't knock the hard work for anyone sampling real instruments and coding up complicated scripts for functionality. It is hard work and deserves a reward...especially for those who do it full time.

What I don't like is when I plugin rips sounds from another plugin. That is where I lose respect. Then when it's denied, its hard for me to restore respect. I appreciate someone who just admit the wrong and take feedback to move forward.

Who addresses self a "bedroom producer"? lol

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

SUPREME COURT OPINION FROM 1845
    "[In] truth, in literature, in science and in art, there are, and can be, few, if any, things, which in an abstract sense, are strictly new and original throughout. Every book in literature, science and art, borrows, and must necessarily borrow, and use much which was well known and used before." Emerson v. Davies,8 F.Cas. 615, 619 (No. 4,436) (CCD Mass. 1845)

18. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

Right. And as you did....others should leave citation/references/credits to sources.

19. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

How ironic would it be if we discovered that the devs complaining about us stealing from them were discovered to be stealing from others even more! Although it's difficult to prove, the OP's thread is excellent :yes:

20. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

and the players gonna play play play play play and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate...

I'm just gonna shake shake shake shake shake :disco: :chilling: