StudioLinkedVST Sampling Others Libraries

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by iswingwood, Mar 31, 2013.

1. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

So after going through their kontakt libraries, I discovered something. Most of their sounds come from OTHER plugins. Now I have a pristine ear, and I OWN most of the libraries they are sampling from! For instance there is a direct rip of EastWest Goliath's 'Orchestra Hit' and a piano from Nexus factory library. There are many more I recognized from my previous work. Just putting the info out there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

But Komplete is cheaper than buying all the stuff... EastWest is pretty expensive, and Nexus is fucking expensive... By the way, Nexus samples to, from Virus TI if I remberer that right. They all do that, thats how the game works, I guess...

4. Horsemen

Horsemen Member

I am not surprise at all

They just rip off other peoples work and put the samples in the Maize Sampler and create their own VSTi plugins

I bet they even use a cracked version of Maize Sampler

Take their Trap Boom Workstation VSTi

These people are so lazy that can't write even a description for their stupid plugin

5. davea

davea Platinum Record

Lol ! not surprised at all. Their product sucks, their video are just a joke. And the guy who introduced it is a clown.
    if you guys looking for a good sample libs, instruments please stop using this vast joke pseudo new suppa vst my **** .

Sorry but my 2c.

cheers

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. xsze

xsze Guest

What do you expect from advertisement as:

:rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

Komplete is well rounded, but EastWest is more specialized....I own 95% of their catalog, and though its expensive, IT WORTH IT. Their Play software exceeded the functionality of their earlier Kontakt versions, especially when handling mic positions and convolution reverb. I bought nexus because its a viable replacement for the discontinued Hypersonic. The 'Dance Orchestra' and 'Hollywood' expansions are DEFINITELY worth having.

I'm gonna hold on to the StudioLinked libraries though, may find some use for them. I had to modify them though...using Kontakt's 'batch compress' to shrink the library about 11GB smaller. I don't know why vendors don't do this before selling. It can shrink the library by up to 50%!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

Thanks man i saved a lot of space by doing this :wink: and to join the topic i always knew that such a small business couldn't be that productive with only its own resources. Now i can download them without having to think about buying a license when i make money out of them :rofl:

9. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

Dude that got me thinking... Hell, maybe I should just download Komplete 9 cracked, who knows if I use it when they sample all the stuff from others? And since they do nothing else then stealing sounds I dont have to feel guilty for stealing their software... That kind of solves a big ethic topic! But still the original makers of the samples dont get money, and heres a ethical problem again...

10. shandroke

shandroke Newbie

Funny! i just finished up reading about how vengeance libraries are ripp-offs from other sample cds.I stumble upon it while i was researching about watermarking audio, i have been thinking of releasing something myself and how to protect it, but now i am not so sure i need it since everybody is stealing everybody and gets away with it!

11. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

Be careful to save your nkc and nkr files because the batch processor will ignore it when saving to new destination. So you'll need to copy those for each library yourself....about two files per library.

12. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Please put forth absolute proof before slinging accusations.. How exactly is your ear more pristine ear than anyone elses? Are you a better 'hearer' than the next guy
    ?... Doubtful.

Can you tell the difference between one model of piano next to another, or One recorded orchestra sample to another?

if it is the same instrument, being sampled thru similar gear, how would U know?

How do we know you OWN any of the plugins?.. Did you buy all the Studiolinked too?... If not.. your just as guilty.

Ive heard a million plugin presets sound like a million others.. same for FX.. so what?

prove it...

Words mean nothing. :wink:

Oh, I'll also mention I've personally witnessed a studio guitarist recording the sample Lib. for one of their upcoming Guitar libraries.

Are you also calling me a liar?

U bring up TWO presets that u think sound similar? Out of thousands? Yet say MOST their sounds are rips??

prove it first.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Yes that's why i say that theses companies want to threaten copy rites lawsuit there Full Of Shit every signal Sound Sample library came from a hardware module/keyboard or Vsti and some take from ether sample kit's so if you can download it use it F.ck them

14. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

Absolutely I can…been in the sciences for 20yrs. In fact Ive own so many REAL pianos AND hardware synths that I CAN point them out. I can tell a Steinway from a Kranich and Bach. But am I superhuman? No. In fact its quite human to do so. I know other composers who can do the same.. Its a matter of study and experience over time.

My pleasure :thumbsup: :

1) 'Hit-Trap Classic Orch Hit' from Trap Bang = 'Orchesta Hit' from EastWest Goliath. Same exact change when you reach C6 where the foreground brass drops out and the pluck is comes forward. Deny THAT one. Anyone with Goliath can attest.

2) 'Justice Orch Brass' from HipHop Brass = 'CL Orchestra Full 1' from Nexus' Dance Orchestra Expansion

3) 'Soft Orchestra Horns' from Maybach Empire = 'CL Highbell Orchestra 2' from Nexus' Dance Orchestra Expansion

There's your proof...Enough? Please check these before I devote any more of my time. As stated in my first post: "I'm just putting it out there".

And yeah I bought a few of their libraries, only to be shocked at how much of it I already owned in it's original quality. Maybe the guitar library you speak of is a new wave for them. :rofl:

ANd how dare you challenge me ears! :grooves:

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Stating it. and proving it are two different things..

Throw up a video showing both libs, both synths being used..

Show an EQ graph comparing them both in the vid.

thats proof.... if you wanna 'just throw it out there"

U own a few of their libs? so it took buying a few libs for u to notice? :dunno:

I doubt it.... with SUCH a prestine ear. :wink:

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  16. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

It was stated for others to do their OWN research. Now your asking me to do WORK...just to point out something that people WITH the original libraries can tell for themselves. Why not find a friend with those libraries? They are so obviously identical, I don't need an EQ graph to tell. These are patches I use regularly. But like you said, you've seen these guys personally. Are they your friends? If so, I'm sure they'll tell you the truth...ask!

I bought them at once, So yeah I noticed once I got them all into Kontakt. I ate the couple hundred bucks...never again though!

You may have seen them record a few sessions...but thats not enough to vouch for their all their releases. I'm not saying they rip everything in their products, but I know they DID rip stuff that I ALREADY OWN. You can't tell me otherwise unless you OWN EastWest Goliath and the mentioned Nexus Expansions.

17. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

The Burden of proof is always on the accuser.. If U have no proof, then your accusations are meaningless.

I dont own Goliath, Nor would I download it. Bloated, old POS Imo

Curious that all ur 'owned' products have been cracked already tho. No proof that you own anything U say you do.

Anyway.. as I see it, no proof, just empty words.

Honestly, im feeling more sour grapes from you towards them.. for.. whatever reason.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

Give me a monent...I'll make the video just to make you happy :mates: I bet then you still won't be satisfied. But I'm sure others will see where I'm coming from.

19. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

We'll see.

Throw up some digital receipts for your purchases too.. :thumbsup:

Whats fucked up is.. EVERYONE here has used someone elses stuff.. for something.. for money, or not.. yet... its REAL easy to to start besmirching someone else for the exact same thing.

Yet everyone hides behind their screens and keyboards throwing out the tired "try before you buy" moniker.... all very better than thou.

Even the big companies sample from instruments made my someone else...

It's all bullshit.

20. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

See what you're overlooking is the fact I simply pointed it out. I didn't say they were going to hell. I simply stated a fact, and you put your neck out to deny it in their defense. My proofs cometh shortly. :wink:

21. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

My neck is ok.. lol... I just like to see accusations backed up by substantial proof, thats all.