Studio one

Discussion in 'Software' started by ninjabenbaby, Nov 17, 2014.

1. ninjabenbaby

ninjabenbaby Member

Hey guys, have a quick question. Is anyone else having huge spikes when on studio one 64bit, using 32 lives plugs?

From loading any one plug, it goes from 0 to 100% on cpu gauge over and over. I thought it may be a bad plug but i have tried different ones also and same result.

Any help would be great. I'm at work at the moment so I cant give screen shots but will later.

Thanks guys.

3. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Your bridging plugin may be to blame then.

CPU spikes are also common in studio one if you have an inadequate graphics card.

If you're on a windows laptop, make sure your performance mode is set to high, and you've disabled CPU throttling

When using a 64-bit daw, you should use almost all 64-bit plugs. Bridging should be your absolute last resort. Theres only one bridged plug that I use only because it hasnt been released for 64 bit.

4. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

its a well known issue, bridging doesnt work well in studio one. It wil be ok if you use one or two bridged plug ins only. So try to transform to audio as much as possible. Also, I find fabfilter stuff doing similar things, like it was already said, graphics card issues...

5. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

JBridge.......!

6. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

32 Lives is total crap if you ask me. I had much better results with JBridger M, which I bought. The disadvantage of it is that it can only bridge VST plugins. But since PreSonus can use both AU and VST there should be no problem. But as far as my experience goes bridged plugins need a lot more CPU power than unbridged so you need to get used to performance spikes. That's why I totally transitioned to 64 Bit Plugins. I miss some of the old ones but I just needed to find replacements.

BTW: I needed to work on a session in Cubase under yosemite. But it isn't ready for yosemite yet and crashes all the time. So I redit the whole session in Studio One and I think it is the better DAW. Cubase is so clunky and unflexible. I think it is a real alternative to Cubase in terms of editing, routing and mixing.

7. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

But it isn't ready for yosemite yet and crashes all the time.

it's not cubase which is not ready, it's fecking yosemite, crap for audio i heard 100 times.

8. Dalmation

Dalmation Kapellmeister

Could you please advise how to do this ?
    (on a laptop with Win7/x64, intel core i7)

9. ninjabenbaby

ninjabenbaby Member

P.S. Osx 10.8.5.
    I bought JBridge. Its ok (not the best but none are really). Using the render feature really helps. For the guys/gals that use alittle autotune to treat vocalist, render those puppies and move forward, is what I have found the best move. Especially when you have over 70 vocal tracks with a session. Render is your friend, trust me. Man, I wish record thru a plugs coming in like in logic. Oh well.

10. Sarawak_Sam

Sarawak_Sam Ultrasonic

Here say how...

http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Disable_CPU_Throttling_in_Windows

:bow:

If you get pc win 8 you must to do this...

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1655607/optimize-dpc-latency-windows.html

okay