Studio One V3 Plugin Limit?

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by olivergrey, Feb 18, 2016.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

sometimes people have no idea what the bit version means.

well S1 should have a limit for plugins, the only limit could be the ram or the Storage speed. thats the stuff, which is used the most for plugins.

have no idea. tried to talk to support?

2. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

That was one of the first things i noticed when i produced music in S1.
    I was surprised how badly it handles bigger projects compared to cubase,multi cpu support is very bad.
    Im sure Reaper users noticed the same.
    I hope they fix this soon.

3. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Why? :dont:

4. Ankit

Ankit Guest

No, everything works perfect here. It's a 9MB software. Do not compare Reaper with any other DAW. It's always considered as a never look back DAW..:yes:

5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Arent you the guy that comments with "Buy Reaper" on every thread?
    Very few pro studios and producers use Reaper,no hate,just facts.

6. daniel88v8

daniel88v8 Noisemaker

[​IMG]

7. HoA

HoA Noisemaker

Feel as though I should chime in here. I posted about this issue some time ago but thought the issue was due to my setup/plugins etc. it is actually comforting to know that it is a known issue (one that Presonus will hopefully fix.) I work-a-round this issue by utilising studio one's convert to audio function for tracks, sometimes requiring all instrument tracks to be converted, before being able to add a new instrument or effect. Funnily enough, some plugins work regardless, eg. Fabfilter, some but not all waves and Air Music Tech. I also find multitimberal synths such as Omnisphere also can be added regardless.

I certainly hope Presonus fixes this issue as I find the DAW to be fantastic and very intuitive. IMO it is the closest to cubase in regards to midi editing and given time, the gui is quite an appealing work environment.

8. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

Just want to confirm this issue is still present in version 4.5.x. Large sessions with live plugins crap out eventually, meaning additional plugins cannot be added. When you attempt to select a plugin and drop it on a track nothing happens. After that point only certain plugins can be added and it seems a bit random in terms of which plugins still load.

Also loading these songs always starts with a "missing devices" prompt claiming plugins (which are confirmed installed and working) are missing, again the plugins that are supposedly missing are seemingly random.

This is not a ram or cpu issue. This is currently happening on a session where the ram used is only approximately 50% of 32 gigs, the CPU is hovering at 72%. If anyone has found a fix, please let us know.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019