Studio One v3 Maschine mk2 Template

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by thethirdperson, Sep 28, 2015.

1. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

After reading through the favorite DAW thread recently and being such a long time FL Studio user I decided that I really wanted to give Studio One a try, due to the ease of MIDI routing capabilities. I was rather disappointed though when I found out that the only Maschine template included in S1 was for the mk1, especially since (to my knowledge) you can't convert a ncm file to a ncm2 file. Either way, I figured I'd make the best of it and just convert the mk1 Studio One template by hand in NI Controller Editor for use with the mk2. Even though there are other templates going around for it, I figured since I was a total n00b to the DAW it be best to just go with the one S1 had/hadn't made. Either way I REALLY REALLY hope someone gets some use out of it...going through all 128 pads and assigning each pad's key by hand is painstakingly dreadful, not to mention if you lose count you have to start over from where you made an error. The only difference between this template and the template S1 had provided is that there's no pan control on this one since there's less knobs on the mk2 than the mk1 . I also used the blue/light blue colorized method in the FL Studio mk2 template so that you can easily differentiate between whole notes and half notes. While I've yet to write anything on it yet, S1 really is really impressive at how far they take controller mapping and how much you can do without clicking

TYPE 1:
    This particular template has the pads mapped out how the S1 Maschine mk1 template is with each pad group starting at C. So Group A starts with C-1 (ends at D#0), Group B starts with C0 (ends D#1), Group C starts with C1 (ends at D#2) and so on.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/xb5q41

TYPE 2:
    While I can understand the reasoning behind starting at C with each group, I'm much more comfortable with the pads laid out sequentially the way they are in the FL Studio template. With it starting at C-1 in Group A and going all the way up till G7 in Group H with no pads playing the same notes twice.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/wa83m7

Either way I hope anyone who uses Maschine as MIDI controller for Studio One enjoys this and gets some use out of it. Share wherever/with whoever you want. Customize it to your liking and feel free to share your modified versions with me. Chances are I'm just doing the job for the folks over at Presonus...j/k

I know this is really nothing special but it's just my way of saying thanks to the community and all the people that put in actual hard work =P

-thethirdperson

PS: I did already ask someone but since these templates are based on the original Studio One Maschine template, MODS feel free to take this post down.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015