Studio One not scanning all plugins?!?!

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Bunford, May 7, 2017.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

This is a bit of a curious one. Love Studio One having just come over from Ableton and all is good except I've just noticed it doesn't scan all my plugins. It seems to have picked up all my VST2s but seems to have left out a good chunk of my VST3s. Double and triple checked folders and got it all right. Tried to reset blacklist and makes no difference.

Because I'm using certain plugins I need to run it in Windows 8 compatibility and as administrator. However, tried turning both those off too and starting up to scan plugins and it doesn't pick them up. I also tried moving them out and starting Studio One, closing Studio and then moving them back for a fresh scan.

It won't pick up my AutoTune VST3 and many others where I have a VST2 and VST3 version installed, only piking up the VST2. Weirdly though, with a handful of them, it has picked up the VST2 and VST3 versions of the same plugin so I'm guessing it's not a built-in prioritisation of a certain type if both are installed.

Anybody got any ideas that may help?

3. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Managed to resolve this.

It's because Studio One will only scan VST3 plugins that are in the default location, i.e. C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. I tried to create custom locations and define them in Studio One. However, as it transpires, though it's not clearly explained in Studio One, the VST location selections seems to only be for VST2 format. I hadn't realised that there were a couple of VST3 plugins still in the default location, which was creating my confusion with some being scanned and some not. I resolved this by deleting the default VST3 folder and created a symlink in its place to my custom location.

Just in case anybody else is having similar issues.