Studio One File Search not working on External Drive Mac Osx

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Lecram, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Lecram

Lecram Newbie

Hello!

I recently switched to a Macbook Pro 2019 and studio one is not working properly. The files tab where I accessed my Sample Packs works except for the search bar. Every time I type whatever works nothing shows up even though the files are obviously there.

I had also an issue with no files showing up using the finder and resolved that by resetting the indexing of the finder itself and its preferences. But I haven't figured out the Studio One Files search option and I'm 80% sure that it has something to do with mac and not with Studio One.

I have my sample pack in an external Samsung Shield T7 4tb.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

3. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

What format is the external drive?

Some drives you need to right click then add the drive.

4. Lecram

Lecram Newbie

The drive format is exFAT and is compatible with WINDOWS and MAC. I don't know why it doesn't allow me to access the files within Studio One or Finder. Haven't found a solution yet :(

5. grounder

grounder Kapellmeister

I had an issue a few years back with an external drive that was formatted on WiN10 PC to exFAT. Mac (Mojave) could see the files but wouldn't access them. Moved the files temporarily to the Mac desktop, formatted the drive to exFAT via the Mac, copied them back and the drive-files were fully readable by both the Mojave MAC and WIN10 PC.

6. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

Uh-oh. That's same drive I plan to get. Please stick around and let all of us know how this turns out.

7. Lecram

Lecram Newbie

I don't really know if the problem comes from the drive itself. I have no problem accessing files on Windows. I might try the solution that @grounder said but It's such a shame. Let me clarify that I can access files if I go directly to the folder. The only problem is when I try to use the search bar or within Studio One (Files Search Tab, nothing appears in whatever search I perform). I can get rid of the Finder search bar problem by performing a Spotlight reindex and deleting Finder preferences. But sometimes weird things happen and only some files show up when I perform a search. Very frustrating and can't find any fix on the Internet at all. Thanks for your support.