Studio One delay issue.

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Niruvana, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

I have faced a weird issue with Studio One. Sometimes, it automatically delays some tracks. I wasn't sure before when I worked with many tracks, but I caught it this time as I used only two tracks.

A track was pushed to back slightly and all sound got messy. Now I found out why some of my songs had wired issues.
    Does anyone have the same issue as this? Is it a bug?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Itchy Scratcherson

Itchy Scratcherson Newbie

latency? buffers?

4. mickey

mickey Ultrasonic

update melodyn

5. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I have exactly the same bugg,but it appears randomly.

Yesterday I bounced one audio track with only ElastiquePitchv2 as Fx and my bounced track was some milliseconds too early on the grid.

I have also a problem with Arpeggiated tracks(from vst or vsti) sometimes which are delayed.

Obviously it's a problem with latency compensation with some plugins.

I don't know how to fix that.I don't know if the problem comes from S1 or from the plugins,of from something else.

• List
  6. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

It is not definitely about Melodyne as I didn't even use it this time. Just used two track using MaiTai.

• List
  7. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

Ok, it sounds like exactly the same issue of mine. Let me tell you what plugins I used this time. MaiTai x 2, izotope Neutron 2 x 2, that's all. In my opinion, S1 itself has a bug rather than plugins. Logically, the plugins above cause the issue. 100% not sure tho.

Have you changed the latency option? I changed the latency and Asio4all options. Probably it cuased the issue.

8. I don't know the answer to your problem but you can see the latency each plug is placing on the system by bringing up the performance monitor and select show plugs. This should always be the same for any given plug (at any given time variant setting). If your plugs work right in one song, but not another, you should be able to see the latency change. I think you need to check that nothing's messing the with the CPU clock - some forms of optimisation can cause the DAW's clock to frift if it isn't pulling it off audio hardware. So, a full breakdown of the machines affected is the place to start. And if you're legit, start at Presonus support.

9. HeklaCF63

HeklaCF63 Guest

There is a problem for sure and have been facing it to with or without plugins. Just bounce a track and zoom in and you will see

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. HeklaCF63

HeklaCF63 Guest

Very random

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

11. I'll give that a go.

12. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I'm assuming we're talking about the last v4.1.3 version. Is that right?

13. I'm not seeing this on my system. I even tried bouncing a Dirac spike and it was to-the-sample in exactly the right place. This needs to go to Presonus.

14. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I had this problem with Fabfilter ProQ2 when it was in linear phase mode,some iZotope plugins,Rob Papen Predator2,subboombass2,XFer Cthulhu,UHe Hive 1.2,and some others but I don't remember.

But like I said in my last post I have this problem randomly.

I have a buffer of 1024 samples,and ASIO RME driver.

I suspect a problem with WDM devices that may cause the issue,such as internet audio/video streaming or Audio players like vlc,winamp,quicktime,etc.
    I think I have had this problem when I watched some YT videos for example,before I open S1 with Google chrome not closed.But I'm not sure.I don't know if it may cause a problem because of different audio settings between WDM and ASIO.
    I don't understand computers enough to find the cause.

I'm on Win10Pro,S1 4.1.1,all my plugins are only vst2 because I have deleted all my vst3 plugins because I thought vst3 plugins were the cause of the problem.Unfortunately I saw yesterday that I could have this issue with Elastiquepitch vst2 too.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  15. HeklaCF63

HeklaCF63 Guest

Strange I will have to check over my system. I’m running S1 v4.1.3 legit on a offline windows 7 system with audient id14 interface.and been testing all afternoon and it’s random but always renders not as a played it even when I bounce a single say drum sound quantised to the grid it’s off on random samples..

16. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

So both legit and non-legit, 4.1.1 and 4.1.3. Anything in Presonus forums?

17. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

Yup, this is an issue I've noticed for a while now, don't know which version it started on. For me it seem to be when a session contains a moderate number of FX and midi data. If you are using plugins that induce more than a certain amount of latency, certain tracks that include midi data may randomly start to exhibit a noticeable jitter/drift in timing. And this is not a linear drift, it throws the note timing off in a seemingly random way. Plugins that I notice trigger this are plugins like Zplane Elastiq pitch 2, certain Native instruments Reaktor ensembles, in combination with plugins like Fabfilter pro-L2 (I'm sure there are more).

The solution I've used is to just turn off said plugins, hit play a few times until the timing sounds right again, and preform "Transfer track to rendered audio" to the track in question. But as said this is a compromise if your still composing, or if you like to keep your sessions live in regards to midi data and effects inserts.

18. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

It happened in 3.5 as well and Presonus hasn't fixed it on 4, so I am not sure if they are aware of it. I haven't found any article about this issue so far.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  19. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

Interesting! I didn't realize watching YT video can cause the issue. I also have the same setting as if yours and have the issue randomly as well. So, if the plugins cause the issue, then it can cause on other DAWs? Doesn't it?

20. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

go to options/audio setup/processing. take note of the Audio Roundtrip and Instruments monitoring latencies. now go to Advanced/audio and the midi tab, enter those record offset values there. i had the same problem..

update melodyne ??? lololol

21. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

It sounds like mostly the plugins cause the issue, which means it won't be better even if I switch the DAW. Is it correct?