Studio One bounce (CTRL + B) has clicks in it

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by SomebodyIsHere, Mar 12, 2020.

1. SomebodyIsHere

SomebodyIsHere Ultrasonic

Studio one bounce (CTRL + B) or (CTRL + ALT + B) has clicks in it.
    Guys I have even messed around with audio drop out protection and buffer. But as we all know, it is not related to bounce!
    In addition, I have also disabled dither when exporting and bouncing in audio options.
    This piece of shit(STUDIO ONE) still degrades audio and puts clicks in its exports.
    That's crazy, I want to dump this daw into trash bin. The quality of its export is trash.
    I have bounced arturia VST preset. In addition, I have tested it even on serum, I still here clicks.
    Listen to the Example. If you cannot hear the clicks just export it in your DAW and increase the volume or Just check it RX. It has fucking clicks.
    No answer on the internet about this issue. For instance check this out.
    Please help!

3. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

in your example there are no dropouts as I hear it.
    what I hear though is some repetitive echoed muffled rhythmic reverberation of some sort on every tail. happening at the exact point every time

I think I had a issued similar weird sound once and it was a side chain effect causing it, it took me a while to figure it out then, probably not your problem but it could depend on something else than an actual dropout.

in any case, you would need to post better examples to be able to rule out what is and what's not

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. SomebodyIsHere

Thanks for the reply. What should I exactly post? Like do you have any particular example in your mind?
    My bounces have clicks. I didn't put any effect on it. It was all in Arturia, a preset.
    But the problem is it is not only Arturia but other bounces from other synths have clicks too!

5. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

you mean you get dropouts on all bounced audio?!
    even a single held note or prolonged chord too? can you upload an example of a single sustained note or clean chord having this "dropouts"?

and btw, where exactly do you mean the dropouts are in your uploaded audio?

because as said, I at least don't hear any, so that are we talking about the same thing here
    watch-out so the problem is not in your playback of the bounced file, just saying..

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Kromanoid

Kromanoid Member

All I hear is the delay being the problem

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. SomebodyIsHere

You mean you guys don't hear clicks?! My problem is not the dropout cause there is no dropout but the clicks in the bounce!

8. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

lol

there is a chance you are the only one hearing the clicks, your system making them in playback

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. SomebodyIsHere

I checked with RX. Clicks exist.

10. Baila Tosco

Baila Tosco Member

It's really weird because what happens in the example you posted are very predictable dropouts or hiccups (I wouldn't call them "clicks"), they always happen in the same place of the synthline. It sounds like the audio is "ducking" from a sidechain signal or something.

11. wayne3

wayne3 Member

To me it sounds more like a buggy Vst plugin. I am not a big friend of S1, but it could be an internal problem with the Vst instrument. Was it already tested in a brand new song and also with other instruments?

12. SomebodyIsHere

Yeah. It has been tested. Bounces are degraded. S1 is not a good DAW at all.

13. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

look pal, if this was a generalised thing there would be hundreds of posts allover this forum! but its only you on this whole audio-forum. the overwhelming majority don't have any problems bouncing any audio with studio one so that what's up.

your "examples" hardly show any audio dropouts so far, so don't go hysterical

14. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I can't hear any clicks or dropouts and importing it in my DAW didn't change anything, why should it, I can turn up my interface.
    The only thing I recognized was some strange ducking effect on the delay.
    Maybe you turned it up too much and your DAW is set to 16 or 24bit so you have digital clipping while playing?
    If you really have clicks on every export, make a sine wave (i. e. 20 - 30secs) and see/hear if it still happens. This should be clearly audible and visible then.