Studio One Audio keeps freezing other software

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Wuji, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Wuji

Wuji Ultrasonic

I currently try to make the transition from Cubase to Studio One 4. So far everything worked well until today when I first bounced and exported audio. Everytime I try to open a wav file created by Studio One in another software (I tried Cubase, Audition and Wavelab so far) it keeps freezing windows. I tried different settings like 32bit/16bit, 44kHz/48kHz, deactivating the embedded tempo, no change.

Am I missing some settings or what is going on here? I searched for similar issues but I can't find anything. Other wav files open without any issues. I'm using the R2R version.

Has anyone any idea why this is happening? Thanks!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Post any problematic wave file generated (without copyright content) here, we will try to find why ;)

As a first option, may be the file is "locked", due to an S1 crash during generation, and
    is not finished. Without an end, the file crash during playback on all players.

Close S1, see if there are no S1 process running and try again.
    Try VLC, because it can play unfinished wave files. You will hear a strange sound at the end of the file if it not finished.

4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

You probably tried yet but just in case run S1 in admin mode.

5. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

i think Wuji works for Presonus and wants to scare us away. he even has that corporation head

6. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

I was not aware of this and I have been using VLC for days. Thanks for the useful tip. :)

Wow, korte1975; but for your keen senses piercing through his thinly veiled disguise, Wuji would have surely infilterated every nook and cranny of this site, filling it with lies and misinformation to thwart the evil pyrates which frequently post here. Well-played, good sir. We all owe you a debt of gratitude.:rofl:

7. Wuji

Wuji Ultrasonic

Thanks for the tip with VLC the file really played with it, I also tried WMP and it also worked. I decided to try again with the same file in Audition and now it opens a silent/empty sound file? I have no idea what is going on. I try to export again and if it doesn't work. I will try and see if I can upload something. Thanks.

Hahaha ok that gave me a good laugh. I can assure you I'm not trying to scare you away from anything. Currently I'm looking for something that I do wrong. :rofl:

8. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

Obviously if you are a presonus spy, that avatar would be perfect for concealment.......could be a double bluff though

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Wuji

Wuji Ultrasonic

I have no idea how that Presonus guy looks tbh:dunno:. The man on that picture is actually a writer called Richard Laymon any looks similar to any Presonus personal is totally coincidental, I swear, 100% honest, believe me.

On a serious note, the problem seems somehow related to ASIO or my audio interface. I can open these files when Audition runs with MME and Cubase uses the generic low latency ASIO driver as soon as I plug in my soundcard the problem occurs again.

10. Andsoitseems

Andsoitseems Ultrasonic

11. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

Don't forget the 'release audio device in background' checkbox when setting up audio device in studio one which I think allows other progs to use it at the same time and also if you are on windows there is also the checkbox in speaker properties advanced 'allow applications to take exclusive control of this device'

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  12. virusg

virusg Rock Star

for Presonus S1 it will take another year or so to be used with a fluid workflow, it happened with all its versions, still dont understand why they jumped from 3.5 to 4, even for the features added ...i did not upgraded my license, i got my eyes on Image Line for now