Studio One Atmos and Asio4All

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by WillyA, Nov 25, 2023.

1. WillyA

WillyA Producer

I quickly found out that spatial sound doesn't work with Asio4All. Is there any other software solution for this?

If not, what's the cheapest bit of hardware kit I can look around for? (Times are hard over here in Europe!)

3. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

Why are you using ASIO4All and not Presonus drivers?

4. Hybridstudios

Hybridstudios Ultrasonic

why would you attempt anything atmos and not have an interface without a minimum of 12 outputs?
    then the crazy question which i know the answer to already... do you even have a minimum of 11 monitors and a sub? doubtful if youre mentioning asio4all.. somethings dont make any sense. im running 9.1.6 in my bedroom through a motu24ao...

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

dont use ASIO4All, FLASiO is worth a try.

but nothing beats ASiO drivers for the interface if you have them.

6. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

Good points. Anyone using ASIO4All probably has nowhere near the the rest of what's needed to enter the Atmos(phere).
    I think many people just think that if so-and-so mega stars/producers/engineers are using it then they need to use it too
    if they want to become rich and famous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Hybridstudios

Hybridstudios Ultrasonic

spatial audio and atmos are 2 different things.
    atmos no one in their right mind would use asio4all b/c they'd be using their interfaces particular driver and most would have 2 daisy chained due to the number of outs required.
    simply the mention of asio4all leads me to believe no interface is even involved not realizing even 7.1.4 requires 12 outputs and wants that from asio4all....:no::rofl:
    yea based on what i know about asio link pro and asio4all yea you can creative a virtual 16outs for 9.1.6 but with dropouts, those ppl are trying to from 5.1 and in a home theater environment not inside studio one.. so the real question remains, does the op have a minimum of 11 of the same or similar timbre speakers to even consider atmos in studio one...

in april im starting my atmos build and though im not going with the setup i WANTED, i couldn't justify the cost of 15 Genelec 8351's with a 7382 sub thats over 75k just in monitoring and the whole build cost less than the monitoring, no, i couldn't justify that cost so i settled though its still going to sound amazing with 15 Antelope Atlas i8's and reusing my 2 studio pros 18's (though the idea of 15 barefoot footprint 01's is still on the board until 12/15 when the monitors are ordered)
    because i have a great relationship with antelope my prices are great alone with the antelope galaxy 32 that will be the center of everything