studio one arrangement window changing location when editing

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by sgenevay, Oct 18, 2018.

1. sgenevay

sgenevay Noisemaker

Hi,
    I've got a strange problem in studio one 4 that i don't remember to have with other versions.
    when i'm working in my arrangement window, i have a problem with the arranger windows display that "jump" to another position (generally to start but not always)
    in detail, if for exemple i want to cut a midi track with the cutter, i zoom to be more precise, i cut the track and suddenly the arranger window is not displaying the same zone i zoomed in but returns to the start of the project (or sometimes to the end of track i just cut)
    but my playback cursor stays the same place nothing changes.... just i'm totally lost and have to search again the place i was on...
    and this is the same for exemple if i have a track selected and i use up/down arrow on keyboard to change track...
    Something strange also is that if i undo an action.... the arranger window moves alone to the precedent action i did... everything may be linked...
    If anyone has a hint that would be appreciate...
    Thx a lot :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  3. shortikno

shortikno Member

4. Do you happen to have Cursor follows edit position enabled? If you want it to stay put, turn it off.

Three icons at the top of the screen. Snap, Auto scroll and Cursor follows edit.

5. shortikno

shortikno Member

The glitch happens to me no matter if CFE is on or off. For me, zooming seems to activate the issue with the screen jump. The cursor and play position stay the same. What changes is the view. If you hit play, the view will go back to normal. When I hit split while zoomed in, the view jumps back to zero. Only while I'm zoomed in and not always for some reason. The problem literally doesn't happen every time. Very strange glitch. This version seems to have crazy glitches around the scratch pads too. As the view in scratch pads seems to change a lot too. Very weird. But I've been working around it, as this is the ONLY problem I've ever had since switching to S1 a few years ago.

6. sgenevay

sgenevay Noisemaker

Yes Shortikno this is exactly the problem i have. seem to be really linked to the zoom state sometimes. Strange thing is jump to see the end of the track edited. So yes, hitting the play button relocalize you instantly. pb is that you rarefuly edit the track where the cursor is. And yes CFE on or off doesn't have any effect on it

7. You should report it. I've only just got going on 4 and I'm still all starry eyed with Chord Tracks. If I can reproduce it, I'll raise a support ticket too.

8. YFManagement

YFManagement Kapellmeister

I found a fix that worked for me.
    Open > Song Setup
    Change Display Mode > "Beat-Linear"
    fixed the return to zero problem for me when i zoomed in & Splits
    it started happening on the 4.0

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. sgenevay

sgenevay Noisemaker

mmmm i had hope when i saw your message but i was already in "beat-linear" and changing it way and back didn't have a single effect :(

10. shortikno

shortikno Member

FINALLY FIXED IT! For some reason when the new update installed it kept high DPI mode enabled by default. I disabled it and BAM! All is well now. Even the scratch pad issues are gone now. I'm very happy. Didn't even think to check there. I hope this fixes it for you (or anyone) too :)

11. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

12. sgenevay

sgenevay Noisemaker

Sorry to ask... where is high dpi mode toggle ? my version is in french and i have to find the routing of it with different names.... i just dunno where to search it...
    could it be any difference between windows and mac version cause it's supposed to be under studio one/option/general and i have nothing in there out of language and what to do at studio one startup

EDIT: After research it doesn't seem that mac have this option available... maybe one of you has an idea to modify directly a preference file in system...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  13. shortikno

shortikno Member

Are you on the newest update of S1? Evidently version 4.1 brought back the Hi-DPI toggle switch in options.

EDIT: Not sure if this helps or not. I'm sorry I am on a Windows PC...

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/hidpi-mode-os-x/

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  14. sgenevay

sgenevay Noisemaker

I'm on 4.1 and this switch is clearly not here in the mac version. thx for the link but it appears to turn high DPI on (or off) generally on mac, not specifically on S1... i dunno... so no reason for it to act differently as i just updated S1 and not the system. so this setting didn't change to me since precednet versions of s1

15. acatnamedharmony

acatnamedharmony Ultrasonic

Been having this same issue lately and it's infuriating...

16. sgenevay

sgenevay Noisemaker

On mac also ?

17. shortikno

shortikno Member

Best Answer
    sgenevay You want to be in Time-Linear NOT Beat-Linear. This should solve the issue for you . You may have to do it for each project you open, as it will save with your previous setting.

18. sgenevay

sgenevay Noisemaker

GREAT ! Thx you !!!
    i dunno why i was the other way for YFManagement... but staying in "Time-Linear" was the key for me thx you ...
    (worst is that i tried to move it but didn't try to stay in time linear...)
    i dunno why and what it does really change in the process but it works to me :))