Studio One and MusicLab RealStrat

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by WillyA, Mar 27, 2021.

1. WillyA

WillyA Producer

I watched a couple of YouTube videos, showing off RealStrat and RealLPC. I must say, I was impressed.

I downloaded the Trial version of RealStrat. I was trying to make sense of their videos and replicate them in S1, but the problem is twofold :

1. The contrast between background and text is REALLY bad, even worse than Ample Sound.
    2. All their demos were done on FL Studio, which I really don't like at all.

I wrote to Customer Support and asked them how could one replicate what they did in FL Studio using Studio One v5.2, and pointing out the terrible contrast between text and background for older people or people with less than 20:20 vision.

I don't often get surprised at things that happen in this "brave new world", but I was a little shocked at their response,

They made it quite clear that they are ONLY prepared to help users of FL Studio, because - and I quote : "It's the only DAW that supports drawing bends and vibrato". They also made it clear that they are perfectly happy with a colour scheme that's only usable for people with perfect vision.

Is anyone actually using this software with Studio One?

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Not the most charming reply, all right.
    I tried RealLPC with Reaper 6 and S1 5. It indeed has a cluttered GUI with, like you say, confusing colors.
    Didn't test it much also because I'm more of a fan of Ample Sound guitar plugins and Shreddage guitar libs.

Not sure also what "drawing bends and vibrato" means in a DAW. I guess extra features to draw/automate Pitch Bends?

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

For this reply, in your case, I'd say, screw them.

Unless they're talking about something specific, these are just controllers and you can draw these in any DAW (I know of).

5. juggz143

juggz143 Kapellmeister

Ironically I use FL and Studio One... FL has a special Slide Note function that no other DAW has.

Its an actual note that you just put in your piano roll... Doesn't require any fiddling with drawing automation (which is how every other daw handles slides, glides, bends etc.).

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Ah, a slide note, interesting, that's something different than drawing bends and vibrato.