Studio One and 32 bit plugins?

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by paraplu020, Sep 19, 2012.

1. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

Hi, i mostly use Logic 9 and that program is compatible with 32-bit plugins via the '32-bit audio unit bridge'.
    Now, I have a problem with studio one. It DOES read my 32-bit plugins, but ONLY in 32-bit mode... every time I start up the 64-bit, they don't show up in my instruments/effects list :dunno:

Is there no way to use my good old 32-bit pals in 64-bit Studio One? :snuffy:

3. Carface

Carface Noisemaker

You need a bridge for using 32bit plugins in StudioOne !

I am on PC so I don't know what you can use, but on PC I use JBridge.
    You might check yourself if JBridge is MAC too...

4. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

samn, how can this be? IMO every daw should be compatible with either 32-/64bit plugins... damn what a big CON.

anyway I will check out this Jbridge!

Or does anyone of you know a mac alternative?

:mates:

5. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

i read the JBridge is only for VST?!

I don't have ANY VST, how can I use 32-bit AU plugs? :wink:

6. notrace

notrace Producer

Well Studio One 2 Pro requires you to run your 32 bit plugs solely in the 32 bit version of Studio One 2 Pro. The 64bit version will not run the 32 bit plugs except for as noted in the above posts.

7. danfuerth

danfuerth Kapellmeister

Hi there, it is correct Studio One x64 needs Jbridge type plugin in order to use 32 bit plugins in Studio one.

Please note I am not anti Mac OS X( since I run FreeBsd unix on my home server, as that is what Mac OS X is only with darwin running), I am only Anti Apple's business tactics, you know only focusing on phones and forgetting about computers and their pro users.
    This is one of the main Reasons why I stuck with the Pc platform, I can run an app or a plugin from even the windows 98 days!!! and have it work even in Windows 8!!. And also Studio One is also another reason why I use Reaper and why that Daw is my main Daw as it has it's own x32 plugin bridge on x64 Reaper

So in a nutshell Studio One developers ( ex Cubase coders) have done a great job with Studio One so far, so give them a break. I fully understand your plight and the plugin bridge has been discussed on their forums many times.

See I gave up on all daws, literally gave up since I was always frustrated with this problem : I want to do X, but the Daw is a closed architecture so only developers can make addons and plugins for it. So you would have to wait for X to be implimented. The problem is only the Elites in the Daw world can push for feature X, and the weekend warriors can go suck a lemon.

With reaper I have made over a dozen plugins already for it with the open JS plugins scripting language. I made several midi router plugins, and all I did was go into the reaper forums and within a minute someone who is not even a developer was showing me how to code.

In fact the Reaper forums are full of developers since all Reaper users eventually take up doing their own themes, custom action scripts, making their own extentions ( Reaper allows that). Since Reaper is open and not closed, this allows Reaper to grow very fast and this my friends is why I am not frustrated anymore. I help people there all the time, no one calls you dumb for asking how to set a track to record. If you don't take care of your customer someone else will ....

8. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Nice one Dan, sure makes ya think about loyalty.

The user has loads, the developer, none.

Also, your avatar. :rofl: