Studio One 6 projects transfer from Windows OS to Mac OS. and Kontakt ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by VisionSierra, Jul 3, 2023.

1. VisionSierra

VisionSierra Ultrasonic

Sorry, I didn't how to exactly word the title.

I work on Studio One 6 projects that get sent to me which was worked on Windows OS which I then open in my Studio One 6 project on Mac OS. Why is it that every time I open the project from Windows. Kontakt always wants to find the instruments again. Is there any way around this. To keep the Kontakt instruments intact no matter from what OS the project comes from. Bouncing the midi tracks down to audio is not an option?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2023
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Stems is always the best way to work cross-platform with other peoples projects. But you can look into Monolith feature of Kontakt and see if it fits your purposes:

• Monolith will combine the Instrument and its referenced Samples into a single, large file. This is the safest option to choose in terms of keeping Sample references intact, as the Samples cannot accidentally get separated from the Instrument later. This is also a good way to create Instruments that should be distributed to other users of KONTAKT.

page 25:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/...loads/manuals/kontakt/KONTAKT_7_Manual_en.pdf

4. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Your Kontakt Libraries need to be stored on a seperate disk (formatted in ExFat, so both OSes can access it) so that the paths to the instruments remain the same even when switching OSes.