Studio One 5 Plugins Black Screen

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Pablo ProdMix, Jun 21, 2021.

?

Any solution?

1. Windows 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Updates

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pablo ProdMix

Pablo ProdMix Newbie

I have recently installed Studio One 5.2 and some plugins are in black screen, especially those from IK Multimedia. I have tried the same plugins in standalone and with Blue Cats Patchwork and they work perfectly.

3. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Platinum Record

I recently encountered the same problem, but with Avenger. It ended up being a setting I'd changed in my Nvidia control panel 3D settings. Sadly I don't know which one, as I'd used the quality over balanced and performance settings. I did a quick restore of all settings and that solved my problem. No idea if something like that could work for your issue.

Sadly I don't have another D.A.W installed to see if I'd get the same issue with Avenger with the 3D settings set to quality.

4. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

I always have Reaper for this kind of situations.

5. raps

raps Member

Try reinstalling your Graphics driver (Uninstall everything related to it then restart & reinstall).
    Personally I have never had a problem with either plugins before or after I have updated the OS, so it must be some conflict somewhere.

Other things to try:
    • Install the installer with Antivirus software disabled
    • See what is running in Taskbar when you load the plugins in your DAW
    • Remove and redundant code etc in the Registry related to graphics and plugins

6. Pablo ProdMix

Pablo ProdMix Newbie

I don't think it's the video drivers. In Windows 7 with Studio One 4 it works fine for me. And now that I install Windows 10, the standalone works well for me and with Pro Tools 12 too. Maybe in some update of S1 5 it will be fixed.

7. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Issues like this are difficult to resolve because of the varieties of mainboards, CPU's, PCIE cards and more.
    It is impossible to test for every single variety of mainboard, GPU, CPU and type on the market for any software.
    I know of people who have had no end of trouble with a specific piece of software where other people have had no issues at all.
    I'd anticipate people telling you they have no issues with the same plugins you do in Studio One and I'll bet their hardware is completely different to yours. This is why the useless questions on here sometimes of "Which DAW is best?" are just that, useless, because the answer is the software that is 100% bug free and that to this day does not exist with every piece of hardware in existence.
    Based on what you have said which is the update, contact Studio One support and in the meantime, I'd uninstall and drop back one update version in the meantime to where it was working.

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

It's an "OpenGL" problem, which graphics card are you using? Maybe buy a new graphics card?

The solution, if you can't switch off a plugin's reliance on OpenGL, I'm afraid is - get a better graphics card. Many manufacturers cheap-skate OpenGL support to any non-primary display. You need to find one that doesn't. This is not the fault of the NVidia chipset (or company) itself, but that of the actual card manufacturer.

Visible glitch: graphics card driver with insufficient support for OpenGL

Standard drivers for graphics cards often only have insufficient OpenGL support.
    Windows 7 brings an enormous number of drivers for the hardware components of the PC and also installs a driver for every common graphics card. The advantage of the driver installed by Windows 7 is, in particular, its high compatibility. In contrast, the equipment with extended control and display options (3D support, several graphics cards) are rather limited. Even those PC users who like to play a game on the PC will notice this quickly, because the Windows 7 graphics driver gets stuck very quickly.

The main reason for this is that many games use OpenGL (Open Graphics Library), a platform and programming language independent programming interface for 2D and 3D computer graphics. However, since Microsoft maintains its own multimedia interface in Windows with DirectX, which offers its own comparable range of services with DirectDraw, DirectPaint and Direct3D, OpenGL is not supported. You can recognize the error from the fact that the corresponding game programs start, but nothing can be seen from the beginning or when the actual game is started, even if the program is running and music is being played, for example.

You can solve the problem by installing the latest, specific graphics card driver that is available for your graphics adapter or the graphics card in your PC. Which graphics chip is working in your PC can be found in the manual for your computer or you can check this using the device manager, which you can find in the Windows control panel. In the device manager you can find out the type of graphics card or graphics adapter for which the driver is required. The quickest way to call up the device manager in Windows 7 is to open the start menu and type “devices” in the SEARCH PROGRAMS / FILES text field. The Device Manager will then be displayed at the top of the search results in the CONTROL PANEL section. You can open the link with a single click.
    The driver sources for graphics chips are easy to find, since the market for desktop PCs from AMD / ATI graphics chips (http://support.amd.com/de/) and Nvidia graphics chips (www.nvidia.de) is absolutely dominant becomes. The situation is different with notebooks: Here the Intel chipsets and the integrated graphics adapters are market leaders. You can obtain these drivers from downloadcenter.intel.com .
    https://www.computerwissen.de/hardw...-mit-mangelhafter-unterstuetzung-fuer-opengl/

Example: The problem is reoccurring OpenGL renderer issues which Softube haphazardly patch and Windows updates repeatedly break.

System Requirements
    AmpliTube is a 64-bit application and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.

Mac® (64-bits)
    Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo (Intel Core i5 suggested), 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.10 or later. 3 GB of hard drive space.
    Requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
    Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.

Windows® (64-bits)
    Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 (Intel Core i5 suggested), 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested). Windows® 7 or later. 3 GB of hard drive space.
    Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
    Requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
    Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.

9. Pablo ProdMix

Pablo ProdMix Newbie

I have an Intel Core i3 processor with an integrated Intel HD Graphics video card that supports up to OpenGL 2.1.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  10. clone

clone Audiosexual

we are very lucky to have Patchwork now. if you have been doing this a long time, you have seen many issues on forums, etc. where no matter what got tried; some program or plugin is not going to work on one certain computer. If they were free but important to me (in older projects) or if I paid for them; I'd spend some time. I have run into a few stupid plugins in Logic that I get this with and I have just used others or used Patchwork. maybe it will work (for no reason) the next time you install fresh os or some update.

11. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I have an Intel Core i3 processor with an integrated Intel HD Graphics video card that supports up to OpenGL 2.1.

You should consider buying a passively cooled graphics card, so that you also relieve your CPU and Studio One - everything runs more smoothly. Have a look in the task manager when you have Studio One under GPU. I also have Sudio One and recommend this graphics card to you: MSI - GeForce GT1030 2GH LP OC is very quiet because the fan is and I have no problems with the display of any plugins.