Studio One 5.1 MIDI down one semitone randomly

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by RMorgan, Dec 28, 2020.

1. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Hey guys,

I've been having this issue with Studio One.

I've got this simple midi sequence programed in piano roll. It starts with A2.

The problem is, after a few beats, apparently randomly, it starts to sound like G#2.

In other words, my MIDI is moving down half a step, sonically. Visually, all notes are still in the right places.

Honestly, it's driving me crazyyyyyyy!!!!!

There's no pitch-bend programmed, by the way.

Tried removing my controller, to verify if it might be responsible for this issue, but it still happens.

I've been using Studio One since the beginning, and this only started happening after upgrading from 4.5 to 5.1

Please, HELP!

3. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

Have you tried a different VST instrument?

4. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Yes, same problem.

5. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

Strange, this is usually caused by a faulty controller being plugged in, but looks like you have already checked that :/

6. Yellow Raven

Yellow Raven Platinum Record

try recording the same sequence to a different track with a different VST
    i've had similar stuff (not pitch related ) it was because of CC recorded and copied unintentionally

7. Baila Tosco

Baila Tosco Member

Happened to me also, I wrote some pitch-bend automation on the clip's automation lanes and then erased it, that solved it.
    I kind of love Studio One but sometimes I just wanna kick myself in the face, because I keep giving them money while they manage to release version after version with these random, stupid, show-stopping bugs.
    The only versions I could actually enjoy working on where 3.5.6 and 4.6.2, the last versions of 3 and 4.

Sorry for the rant, you can't really do this on the Presonus Forum because they will blatantly delete your post.

5.1.1. here by the way.

8. Yellow Raven

Yellow Raven Platinum Record

I've been working with Studio one for 3 years now (although not on a daily basis and sometimes very sparingly) and it never crashed which was surprising it was fast and robust with everything i need except notation (which was introduced in ver5 but unless I change my Operating system i can't use) so all was great until a few weeks ago when I was working on my Track: Eternal Clock AKA Killing Time (Posted here)
    so each day I try to open the previous day save it would hang, what a nightmare! even the auto-save would hang except one. I ended up saving as a new version multiple times until one day I decided to delete a plugin I was using for the first time, Something by XLS, and Voila! all is working perfectly.
    anyway I don't think there is a perfect Daw they all have pluses and minuses so you'll have to get used to it.
    by the way, try sequencing with Finale in the early 90's and you'll find software these days is Gift believe me.
    Cheers

9. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Hey, it worked for me as well. Thanks for the tip.

By the way, is there a way to simply remove the pitch-bend parameter from a midi track? I've tried it, but it seems that pitch-bend, modulation and after touched are fixed. Any workaround?

Again, thank you.