Studio One 4

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by LALALA, May 22, 2018.

1. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Producer

Maybe a bug? I'm on 3.5.1

As you can see the cursor is between sample points, I have the same settings as you, and snap is turned on.

upload_2018-5-26_20-56-41.png

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  2. LALALA

LALALA Kapellmeister

Don't know, dude. I see no problems. I'm on 4th.
    And it's strange that you want to see snap for the middle of sample. As I far as I know, it works only for beginnings of samples\events. Dude, you have very strange requests :D

3. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Cakewalk by Twelve Tone Systems should be in there lol

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  4. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

And Cakewalk too lol

5. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Guys, does anyone know when Presonus usually has some special sales? :dunno:
    I have V4 Artist, so kinda wanted to wait for a price drop to upgrade to Professional...

6. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

I disagree Jaymz....... while Twelve Tone's sequencer dropped in 87, it was not until after Cubase in 89 that our modern midi tool path was set and only Twelve Tone's Windows 3 Cakewalk, released in 91, resembles anything like what we use now. I go back to 1983 as all my Atari's had built in midi and the Commodore 64 came soon after with the Amazing Sid audio, but we don't follow those formats IMHO, so I don't count their influence and did not list them even though the were around long before Cubase.

7. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

Black Friday should yield a 50% discount. I may wait to buy my upgrade from 3 Pro to 4 until then. It isn't quite necessary for me yet, and I'm sure bugfixes + new features are still on the way.

8. ProCeela

ProCeela Member

Hi Guys .. in Studio one 4 in the mixer im missing the option to select the tracks to a specific bus.

I've made templates that my drums goes to drums bus , and then the drum bus to filter bus and filter to mixbus and after that to the master.
    In a vst or audio file i can select the busses in the intrument inspector. But now i cant see where for example my mixbus is going.

Im i missing something here ?

9. YFManagement

YFManagement Kapellmeister

you probably got it turned off under the "Console option" wrench icon . its a new option "Show I/O Connections"

10. The Mazeman

The Mazeman Kapellmeister

Yeah its a bug mate ! If you detach the mix console you can't see the I/O Connection regardless of the check mark in the settings. You have to attach it first in order to see the connection. I fixed mine like that.

11. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

As much as i respect an enjoy reading all your informative posts when i have time Will, i must add that wisdom comes in many forms other than just fancy words to cover up your mistakes lol... I go all the way back to Atari days myself ,an still have many old systems laying around in my studio lol i am an Avid Cubase User Along with Cakewalk Sonar ...in fact i have all versions from both Devs on disk ;)
    if this is true brother and i Agree it is then Cakewalk should be in this list >>> Cakewalk was in 1991 before any other DAW in your list other than Cubase lol... Back in the early years Cubase had Features that Cakewalk Sonar didnt have and Sonar had Many that Cubase didnt offer...i used them both i know this lol... Cubase and Sonar was Around before any of these DAWs in your list lol so in fact Cakewalk Sonar has been Borrowed from as much as any... When Studio one first Dropped it was Like combined features of the 3 DAWs i have always used in my studio ProTools,Cubase,and Cakewalk Sonar... Honestly in this last Year ive been making the switch to Reaper cause for what i do its taking the lead and IMHO it has the brightest future among them all lol

12. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

As far as the new Studio One i think its a Great DAW ...CPU consumption still lags but even so... as always its not the DAW its what you put into it... Front End is always most important... working with samples is something i only do for fill ins and mostly demos... 95% of the time im recording real instruments so for me the DAW used is just a matter of choice. They can all serve my purpose and i can make a record on any of them \m/

13. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

If you guys could go to answers.presonus and start a thread to notify them about the big with details, that would be great. [​IMG]

14. Sombra

Sombra Member

A couple of times per year. IIRC last year they had a 50% off sale for Black Friday weekend and then another for the holidays. I bought mine for $175 from a seller on ebay so you can check there from time to time also.

15. HeklaCF63

HeklaCF63 Guest

Adjust mixer height

16. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Somehow the GUI looks really cheap for me. The Fonts and the flatness of the GUI + its all so overcrowded. I Like Ableton Live although its also flat but its somehow consistent everywhere, sure it could be much better but For a product with that pricetag it should be more well designed. Even Reaper looks somhow better.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

SO3 has High-DPI check box in Settings->General
    In SO4 I can't find it, if there is one it certainly changed location
    Has anybody seen it?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. Sombra

Sombra Member

It's in the manual. If I'm understanding it correctly, it's on by default and any changes need to be done in Windows now.

[​IMG]

19. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

Thank you for pointing to the manual.
    There it mentions that it is possible to disable it:
    "If you're using a display with a standard resolution (such as 1920 x 1080 pixels), you can disable High DPI Mode."

I do have 1920 x 1200 monitor and annoyingly high DPI is by default "on" in SO4 and is killing monitor real estate with enlarged GUI yet I do not have the 3rd row in General settings with check box to turn it off, where even manual places it as you can see it (3rd line in blue on your screen shot)
    I do have the High DPI check box in General settings of SOv3 exactly where manual says it should be but not in SOv4.

I'd appreciate if others can confirm existence or non existence of "Enable High-DPI Mode) check box in SO4
    Just go to: Settings -> General Icon > General Tab, it should be bellow "When Studio One starts" and "Language" drop down lists.

20. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

Fortunately on my maschine SO4 did not have problem initializing regular VST2 or VST3 plugins as some members reported on AZ.
    All plug-ins that I have tried so far work.
    However S04 on my WIN7/64 does have problem recognizing Jbridged plugins.

Did anybody else notice that?