Studio One 4 exclusive audio.

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Parasite-B, May 21, 2020.

1. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Platinum Record

Hi, all. I'm hoping someone can help me with this, as it's been a constant ball-ache for me. I'm trying to watch tutorial videos on YouTube, and want to be able to do things in Studio One 4 at the same time, but the only time I can get any audio from Opera is if I set ST4 to release audio when it's in the background. I have, of course gone to my sound control panel, turned off "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device", but I'm still not able to hear anything from YouTube, just a constant spinning loading graphic.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, with my Behringer UMC404HD as my main output.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I should add that I've tried searching this forum, but I've not managed to find anything yet. Maybe I'm not putting in the right keywords. Also tried Google, but as most will probably know it never gives you the answer that you're looking for.

Edit: No worries! I've fixed it by using Windows own little troubleshooter! I had zero hopes of that working because, lets be fair, Microsoft and Windows 10.

Turns out that there were audio enhancements on by default, and they were causing the error. Switched them all off, and shazam! Everything works!

I hope that anyone else with the same problem will catch this, and it'll help them out in the future.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Oh my god! The Windows troubleshooting worked for the first time ever... ominous sign... the end is near folks...
    :rofl::rofl::hahaha:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. U-Kadian

U-Kadian Kapellmeister

Does this mean Bill Gate's Vaccines might actually work too? :guru: In shock right now. Utter shock! :rofl:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

At this point when the World as we know is going to disappear I don't discard it!!