Studio one 4.6 CPU Problem

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Ayc, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Ayc

Ayc Ultrasonic

Hi there,

I've been using studio one for 2 years now, i'm using the 4.6 version that has been the most stable for me, but recently i see this strange behavior for example:

1 instance of X plugin at the beginning of the mixing stage is using 10 % of the cpu but the same plugin with the same settings is using 17% cpu when the project is more full, maybe this is the way it works and i didn't realize.

I'm using 16 gb of ram + ryzen 2700 (8 core). 44.1 Khz, 1024 samples.

3. Ariel Gonzalez

Ariel Gonzalez Platinum Record

why so much buffer??? my little 2 core laptop cpu handles a lot of plugins on a high-count track sessions..... there is a possibility that something is not working on your computer

4. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice Ultrasonic

As far as I understand:
    -The more instruments, plugins, effects are on one (1!) mixerchannel...the more one (1!) core will be pushed.
    Studio One will not outsource tasks ,from one channel to one of the other cores.
    This does not mean that SO isnĀ“t multicore capabal.
    So on a heavyplugin(ed) track , maybe render out the audio, and go from there.
    just my 5 cents.

5. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

but taskforce told us scan.uk tests are right and you are wrong. swap your ryzen for a fast i7 and you will solve most of your problems.
    thank me later.

6. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Have you read this article from Presonus?
    Managing CPU usage in Studio One and overcoming high CPU problems on your system.

16GB of memory is the bare minimum and, should be matched. Same speed, same type, same brand.
    Studio One like Pro Tools works best with Workstation grade components. The better "gaming" boards have those features.

You should also consider upgrading to the latest version of Studio One (5.2.0). Plenty of fixes & improvements since 4.6.

In Options under the Advanced tab, click the "I'll be Careful, I Promise! button" & deselect anything you are not using like CD Burning, ReWired, etc...

In the Presonus folder C:\Program Files\PreSonus\Studio One 5\Extensions\ rename the following files:
    C:\Program Files\PreSonus\Studio One 5\Extensions\presonusstore\plugins\win_x64\presonusstore.dll to presonusstore.dl_
    C:\Program Files\PreSonus\Studio One 5\Extensions\soundcloud\plugins\win_x64\soundcloud.dll to soundcloud.dl_

Also make sure that Studio One is added to Windows Defender Firewall.

7. joem

joem Producer

disable services in studio one like for example the video service

8. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice Ultrasonic

Sry for short intercept:
    -is this the same ,as editing the "famous hosts-file" ? or should the above also be done ?

9. GianaSister

GianaSister Producer

maybee use vst3 .

10. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

No, in short. Using Windows 10 Firewall blocks the file (exe or dll) from when you create a new Inbound or Outbound Rule.
    Host file blocks connection to a specific web address.

11. reaktor

reaktor Producer

hi, I have a ryzen 2700 on a machine i use as a support server (Audiogridder), it's a 2018 processor, it works very well but as long as you load it with several plugs it's a bit slow, I only use it for Kontakt and its banks.
    Depending on the plugs you load in your project, they require power, the latest generation AMD have everything you need under the bonnet

have a great day.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List