Studio One 4.1.3 freez

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by tortilla de maiz, Mar 4, 2019.

1. tortilla de maiz

tortilla de maiz Newbie

hello there i been install studio one it open fine but, when i close it and reopen it freeze when i do drag a sample or when a play, i can navigate in the menus but no sound. not working

am on win 8.1 64x

always i have a problem its so shit

3. Is it freezing when you start a new song, or...

Does it freeze before or after you open a saved song?

4. tortilla de maiz

tortilla de maiz Newbie

freezing when open a saved song and start a new

5. There's a strong probability there's a problem with Melodyne integration. You'll need to do the trieal-and-error disabling of services, until you identify the service that fails and then proceed to fix that iossue. On the setup dialog, there's a Services option, which warns you not to enter unless you know what your doing. You can disable VST, VST3 and Melodyne in this dialog, one and a time, until you discover which service is causing the freeze (it'll stop freezing when you restart).

There's detailed instructions at the Presonus SIte.

6. tortilla de maiz

tortilla de maiz Newbie

mm not work still freezing, even studio 3.5.6 get freeze

7. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I'ld say you have a problem with one of your plugins.

8. The big suspect is Melodyne integration, but if he'd done the disabling of services excercise, he'd have disabled the plugins and found the culprit. Maybe the machine is too underpowered.

9. tortilla de maiz

tortilla de maiz Newbie

when the plugin scanner is running it stop when scan swam violin i uninstalled it because plugin scanner stop in that also happen in dune 3 both are v.r

10. tortilla de maiz

tortilla de maiz Newbie

i disabled VST 3 and VST 2.4, but disabling VST 2.4 there's no plugins

11. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

uhm.. in rare cases, when there is a really messy plugin, S1 would just freeze once and blacklist that plugin and restart normally by bypassing the faulty plugin you launch it the second time . i bet it must be something wrong with your windoze and/or audio hardware (or something else)

hint: if you are using some cracked plugins (ie those by AUDIOUTOPIA), set your main "Studio One.exe" to windows 7 compatibility mode, it may help. :winker:

if still that doesn't work, then idk.

12. tortilla de maiz

tortilla de maiz Newbie

it's sylenth1 the malfunction

13. But it doesn't freeze? So it's one of your VST2 plugs.

Two choices:

Re-enable VST2 and in Options->Directories->VST PLugins, schedule a scan on restart and select reset blacklist. And restart. Chances are S1 will identify the culprit plug, or...

You can do a binary hack. Re-enable VST2, and move half of the VST plugs from the home directory to save folder on the desktop and restart. If you freeze it's in the half you didn't move, if you don't it's in the half you did move. Keep halving the set that cuases the freeze, till there's just one plug left. That's you're problem. Bet its melodyne VST2 thrashing with ARA/VST3. But hey, do it your way.

14. Whoopy do dah, you got there.

15. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

You have to do that only for Softube plugins.But if you run S1 in win8 compatibility mode,Omnisphere takes 1 minute to load a preset...So you have to take a decision,Softube or Omnisphere...