Studio One 3 Rumours

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Evorax, Oct 3, 2014.

1. transporter1333

transporter1333 Member

I completely agreed with it....

Lets put some hope over the V3...

:wink: :wink:

2. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Yeah, Reaper's VST3 unsupport ... =((
    But maybe they will do something, e.g. in a future version "Reaper 5" ? =)))

3. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

I agree the ONLY thing i dont like about reaper is those million menus :)

But then again as it is made to be very customize i guess you need those menus..

Without the SWS extension or REAMenu Reaper is not that complicated.

4. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

implement with "bezier curve" on automation or stuff like that, really need it

5. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Yeah! I like Bitwig for that, where you just press Alt and drag that particular automation line and quickly bending it into a bezier curve.
    It would be awesome to see that on the latest StudioOne.

6. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

I posted "bezier curve" in the future request section 2-3 months ago and now is the most viewed thread, i hope they add this important thing. will be cool to have dots like in FL studio or Ableton or just a curve tool for shaping

7. BChrist

BChrist Member

I have a very difficult time working with MIDI in Studio One. I find it hard to edit any MIDI there.

8. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

If you press CTRL and scroll forward, the notes thickness will increase and you will grab them easier if that's the "hard" aspect you talk about. :dunno:

9. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

like this
    [​IMG]

10. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

The only thing I can say is that there's no way I'm ever getting back to Cubase after trying Studio One: A big Thanks to Demon for that!

Version 2 was already covering 99% of my needs, very curious about version 3.

11. BChrist

BChrist Member

Thanks Evorax for the tip. Every little thing like that helps. I'm coming from a long time in GarageBand. Don't make fun of me, Ha! The MIDI editor there is just so simple for me to work with. I work with a lot of drum tracks and one pretty cool thing that I recently figured out is that I can use GB's MIDI Editor to perfect a drum track then go through EZ Drummer 2 to capture the entire drum track and slap all of the MIDI notes onto my desktop. From there I can slip the perfected drum track into an open track in Studio One just by sliding it over and into it. This may be common knowledge to many but I was pretty darned happy and proud of myself to figure it out through experimentation. Ha!

12. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Yes, that's a great way to come up with ideas.
    Garage Band is great, not only for fast ideas, but it also looks eye-candy.(Mac typical.)
    I do the same thing though, i use Bitwig for fast ideas then once i came up with something, i take the MIDI clips and import them into StudioOne (i use also Patchworks from BlueCatAudio in case i wanna store the channel FX inserts as well or even the instruments used for those midi tracks). Sometimes i can even lay down
    a whole track in Bitwig then i can export the stems, load them into a StudioOne session so i take care of the mixing process, including some post production as well in case i feel like i can add or remove something from the initial idea.

Cheers!