Studio One 3 - Error scanning VST - Crash

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by gloko, Sep 3, 2015.

1. gloko

gloko Noisemaker

I would really like to try this DAW but I have never been able to start it.

I'm on OSX 10.9.5 on a 2011 Macpro and I have major issues with the plugin scanning process.

It crash all the times during the scan process and I don't see any log of what happends.
    From what I understand there's no AU manager like logic to exlude certain plugins, so I thought to move the plugins causing the problem, taking note of what it was scanning in the moment right before the crash but ended up with an empty plugin folder.:dunno:

Any Ideas on what could be causing the problem ?
    I tought about permissions but nothing changes after a batchmod to the app.

3. thenightflyer

thenightflyer Newbie

I had the same problem. I read in several forum about a solution and first they write to remove the plugin causing the crash but in my case it didn't depend by a plug-in. So i found an interesting post (but i don't remember where) where an use had the same issue and solved the problem in this way:
    he removed Studio One and Universal Control software (this can cause problems with Studio One!), then he installed the new version of Universal Control and again Studio One. The program started and he had no more issues.
    I tried and my problem was solved too. Consider that i've a Presonus Studio Live 16.0.2, that's why i have Universal Control Software installed on my Mac.....

4. gloko

gloko Noisemaker

Ok thanks man ! I have never installed the Universal control but I was using a presonus firebox interface last year and I had installed some control / mixer software I will try to check it, thanks for the tip !

5. John V

John V Ultrasonic

I have the same problem, did you manage to solve the issue? I don't have any presonus interface..

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  6. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Same problem on Yosemite 10.10.0, I just give up...

7. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

it only scans a bad plug once, the next time you open studio one, it dismisses it,i only had a few bad vst then a few times of opening all was well , if your getting that many crashes you have other problems going on then StudioOne

8. John V

John V Ultrasonic

I found the problem.. There were some vst3 plugins that were the ones making it crash.. So I moved all the plugins and then re added to the vst3 folder one by one and found that the same softube plugins that does not work in Logic are the same that are making crash S1.. Those are Tonelux Tilt Live.vst3, Tube-Tech ME 1B.vst3 and Vintage Amp Room.vst3. Now S1 opens correctly..

9. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Funny you posted this. I had the exact same issue and it took me a VERY long time to figure it out but I finally solved it a couple days ago as well. Wish I had seen this post earlier. But yes, those EXACT same three plugins are what crashes S1 (for me as well). You can still get a copy of them working, however, through vstau manager and 32 lives.:wink:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015