Studio One 3 Control Box Window

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by shortikno, Jul 28, 2015.

1. shortikno

shortikno Member

Anyone figure out how to make this box appear? I know how to MIDI map using the external window in the mixer view, but would really like to figure out how to make this box appear. or know why its not there... the screen has plenty of room so its not a space issue. Only the 1st box is there - not the second attached control box. any ideas? i know i've asked this before, but curious if anyone got it figured out. It seems much more convenient then going through the whole process through the mixer. I really appreciate the help, thank you so much!

presonus-studio-one-3-professional-1112859.png

3. ned944

ned944 Moderator

I know this is a silly question but do you have any midi controllers defined?

4. shortikno

shortikno Member

Yes. Using the AKAI MPK49. MIDI Learn function works fine when going thru Mixer, External, MIDI Learn. I just have seen tutorial videos where this box exists and does not exist on mine. Was wondering if there was a way to make it appear. It seems much quicker. Any time a knob/fader/slider is touched on the keyboard - it should pop up in THAT box. Then you can drag the hand to it. Less steps than going through the mixer and MIDI Learn.

5. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

You can midi learn directly from the plugin GUI. Just Select the gear icon

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. shortikno

shortikno Member

That is a great tip thanks so much! That second box would still be a big help for things in the mixer, let's say. If I'm using a reverb send, and I want to map that send level to a knob on the keyboard, I'd have to do the 3 step process of mixer, external, midi learn. It seems if I had that second box, I could just move the knob on my keyboard, it would register in that control box, then just drag the hand to it. Bypassing the need to go through the midi learn window. Even in your video you posted, you have both boxes. Baffled...thanks so much for your help.

7. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Dude, i have the second box on the main view but didn't used it once. Just look at the video, all from Plugin GUI. You can do whatever you want, but for me things are really easy. On my laptop i don't have the second box and really don't care as you can use the plugin GUI

[​IMG]

8. shortikno

shortikno Member

Yea definitely! That tip really helped a lot! I totally understand and will be using that for all plugin mapping. Very cool feature. My question was more directed towards Non-Plugin related mapping...such as things in the mixer window. My akai automaps most mixer related items. But if I want to map say a send level to a knob- I have to go through midi learn, whereas with the second box there, it's just as easy as your video when using plugin gui. It's no big deal, really...doesnt stop my work flow - was just curious if there was a way to make it appear....or a reason why its not. Its really only one extra step using midi learn but it seemed so easy in the tutorial video...just as easy as what you're doing within the plugin gui. In the plugin gui both boxes are there.. I just thought I may have missed something. Thanks so much for the tips!

9. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

I get your point. I should look into settings folder if i can find something useful , i don't have the second box since V3. Give me a couple of days.

10. shortikno

shortikno Member

:wink: thank you! Really appreciate that

11. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Quick solution

The second box appears as soon as i remove the Macro toolbar. If you don't use macros and really need the second box just disable the macros.

Before anything else try changing your screen resolution. Mine is 1600x900 and with Macro icon the second box doesn't appear. It appers without the macro.

If resolution doesn't help try disabling Macros. Under "Studio One" tab and select "Studio One Extentions" to open the pannel

S1 GUI should be more flexible. We really don't need all the tools icon, neither the question mark icon...

[​IMG]

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. shortikno

shortikno Member

Yep! Thanks! As a new S1 user I've been creating/using macros more...so it sucks that id have to choose. Especially since @ 1600x900 resolution I have plenty of real estate for them both to be visible. Maybe in an update they can make the toolbar more customizable. Thank you so much for your help. Very much appreciated :like: