Studio One 3.2 Teaser

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by MNDSTRM, Feb 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

I love Studio One 3.
    Can't wait to see what they've come up with.
    Is it true that the Mac version of Studio one is worse/more cpu intensive than the windows version?

2. usernone

usernone Producer

There's a lot of passive bashing of S1 V3 going on here - I personally love Studio One, and think it's quite a phenomenal piece of software... Like all DAW's, it does have a few annoying behavioral issues, but in the grand scheme, "for me" it's the most customizable, intuitive and exciting DAW I've used in my 17+ years of working as a professional in the dance music industry.... Looking forward to the update, Presonus!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

The only feature that I would be willing to see on Windows is the ability to run S1 in fullscreen.
    It's already possible to do so but with the help of an external program which is less cool I guess.

As of Cubase, I will add to my previous comment that my last experience with Cubase get back to version 5 therefore I will give it the benefit of the doubt. Nonetheless I will probably never be able to try version 8 since I don't have that kind of cash to spend in a DAW.

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I can't wait to try S1 personally. I love the GUI and features and I don't need many features. Hey - I used to record music on a 24 track tape! :wink: I'm pretty much trying to do the same today, but it's easier to record and edit, and I love to use lots of automation. I'm getting very angry with Reaper and it's lack of MONO flipping tracks! :crazy: 90% of my tracks are mono, at least before they enter the mixer, damn it... And I've been using Reaper since 2007... I always hoped they would implement mono tracks. Well, it's v5 and no mono tracks. They are implementing video editing. Fuc- video editing! :mad: I'm seriously considering using either S1 or Cubase again just because they have mono tracks! The only other sequencers that work with my Faderport. <-- love it, it speeds my workflow immensely. Left hand Faderport, right hand mouse = unbeatable speed. :wink:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Revolutionary =

Changelog:
    - Added VCA Faders
    - Added pre-post fader routing with preserved panning
    - Added full screen
    - V2 color skin
    - Copied FL Piano Roll/MIDI tools
    - Added every time-stretching algo in existence
    - Added custom video playback (Reaper can import mkv, pretty much everything)
    - Added punches-streamers for video
    - Reduced CPU usage by 30-40%
    - Added 5.1/7.1/150.1 support
    - Added 5.1 tools
    - Added loudness meters
    - Added bridge
    - Improved VST compatibility/discoverability
    - Integrated Notion scoring + added tool to tranform articulation to MIDI (e.g., whole note marked as tremolo rendered with shortcut to quantised sixteenths in Piano Roll and shit, covering [YES, I SAID SHIT COVERING] the duration of the whole note or makes pitch bend automation for pitch bend value or marking in Notion)
    - Improved mixer view
    - Added MIDI channels
    - Added routed tracks following master/send color scheme and other relations that improve navigation
    EDIT: - Added anti-aliasing, scaled interface and CUDA support
    EDIT: - Integrated dBPoweramp to convert and import everything
    EDIT: - Added LFO randomization to automation and everything
    - Integrated integration
    - Added 64,000 point resampling, 100 dithers and bit attenuation
    - Added coffee maker
    - Added a cooking book section in the manual

Next update: Modular routing at least for bundled stuff

Then I'd be a really happy camper. I improvised a bit but you get the idea...

Otherwise, it's nice.

9/10 "It's OK" (IGN)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. xectis

xectis Noisemaker

Aren't you just tired of planet Earth's same old regurgitating crap, nothing outstandingly revolutionary, fossil-filled limited mindset shenanigans. Well I am. Oh the joy of 4-8 track cassette or 2" tape recording. Back to the past until the future gives up something truly ionospheric.

7. miaik

miaik Member

oh jeez, pink unicorns pink unicorns pink unicorns :beg:

8. eboe

eboe Producer

Funny how you talking about midi ... who is working with midi theese days? I have a couple of nice guitars, keyboard, piano, bas and other fun stuff without midi and they all seems to work when I use them ;)

S1 is a nice tool to work with, Reaper 2 but I freak out every time I need to work on ProTools, but thats me not ProTools ;)
    Cheers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

WEB 2.0 :rofl:they still use that term, even though it's now WEB LostGeneration.-1

That's the biggest thing I don't like about it, Midi/Audio clips appearance, plus retarded defaults, like claustrophobic mixer and Piano roll... every time you have stretch/zoom, expand...

10. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

If they reduced the cpu usage for 40-50% then they could finally call it PRO.
    Now,in this state i wouldnt yet trust it with my projects.
    Tried a 50 track song project and it can handle a lot less vst instruments and plugins than cubase.
    They are evolving fast though and S1 could be a seriously powerful DAW in the next 2-3 years.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  11. Ankit

Ankit Guest

I replaced S1 with Reaper. Happy:disco:. Wont go back.

12. rBennich

rBennich Kapellmeister

Does it have a low latency mode like logic? Last time i tried it i couldn't find that, and that was the huge deal-breaker for me. I mean, it's impossible to play midi parts with a 0.5 sec latency. Even if the buffer size is at 128, all the accumulated plugin latency adds up. So basically, you have to have all the midi parts done before you do any actual producing... :P
    Otherwise i like it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. badboy4life

badboy4life Ultrasonic

I replaced Pro Tools, Cubase and Reaper with S1. I mixed and mastered many pop and hip hop records with S1 (one went gold and one platinum). Happy. Won't go back :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Red VCA faders will take your mixing skills from amateur to a grammy nominated producer in no time,it works exactly like the red pill in the matrix.
    Spoon bending with your mind not guaranteed though.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I seriously love Studio One

For recording vocals.

So I see what you're saying. It could just be that I never work with midi in S1 so I don't know what's what, but something just makes me see S1 as not being as friendly for production. :dunno:

16. Riansky

Riansky Kapellmeister

What I'm wondering is why they can't do something like this:
    [​IMG]
    or perhaps this :
    [​IMG]
    Or at least make an effort of making better clip graphics..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. swash

swash Newbie

what you cant do with s1's midi is your ignorance guys.

18. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

Trust me I am not biased against any DAW, not my cup of tea. I keep my profile very low but I am in the production for the last 20+ years, however still learning but I know what I am whining about. I still love the S1 workflow which is something extremely exclusive to S1. I also believe doing everything (composing, mixing, mastering) in one DAW so all my work is done only in S1 only. Thing is It is so logical to work in S1 which is why it got attracted by many. Your composing is focused with mixing being the part of it. But what I stated is also true.

Like you (as I got the impression) many work with 'live' instruments which depends on the genre you are interested in. I also record guitars if required. But I cannot hire a whole orchestra along with mixing engineers and a state of art hall to do my orchestral/cinematic/trailer mock ups. Consequently I have to turn to a DAW which handles midi properly to play the samples and articulations. With this new upcoming update I have a very vague hope that they will do something 'revolutionary' because of serious let down in the times of v3 revolution. That said I know I won't uninstall it until either I find solace in it or a different solution.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

I prefer more options and features to work with than the workflow. There are tons of Cubase users that can get their job done fast and quicly. I think that workflow it just an excuse. If you use basic functions than S1 is good if you need more in-depth features it doesn't stand against other major daws (even FL has more cool options than S1)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

PreSonus has already said that they not implementing any bridge, they said that Jbridge it's the real alternative...