Studio Drummer Library in Kontakt 5 - asking for Studio Drummer_info.nkx

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by pixie, Nov 10, 2012.

1. pixie

pixie Newbie

Hi there. I have an unlocked Kontakt 5.0.2. and I copied Factory Library and Studio Drummer library into VST plugins 64bit folder. The libraries seem to work (haven't done any real work yet) but every time I open Kontakt I get this empty library above the other two and a warning "library content not found". When I click on Locate it's asking for some Drummer info.nkx file. Can it be fixed and how?

3. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Easy ! Delete studio drummer tab from within kontakt copy drums to youre document folder not VSt Folder reopen kontakt and point to document Studio Drummer folder done

4. trees415

trees415 Noisemaker

That won't necessarily solve his problem though.

Pixie, you need to ensure that you've added the library correctly.First, You should have clicked on "add library" within the library browser tab, and pointed to the studio drummer folder which contains your samples, Instruments, & Documentation folders. Furthermore, you need to make sure that the correct library activation file is also in that folder, and this file will either be named "Studio Drummer.nicnt" or "Studio Drummer_info.nkx". As long as that file is there,there should be no problems.

5. pixie

pixie Newbie

I removed libraries in Kontakt, then moved library folders to Native Instruments folder, then clicked on the Add Library tab in Kontakt and added both libraries again. But I still have the same problem. :( I checked the Studio Drummer library folder, there is a Studio Drummer.nicnt file but the damn thing keeps asking for Studio Drummer.info file.

What annoys me most is that I didn't have this problem a few days ago but then I had to reinstall OS and after that Kontakt started acting up. Here is another piece of information - I just uninstalled Kontakt (plus deleted the Native Instruments folder in C:Program files and in Users/My documents) then reinstalled it and when I opened it it again showed all 'three' libraries although it is supposed to be empty because it is newly installed. :dunno:

6. pixie

pixie Newbie

OK, maybe I've become an idiot who doesn't know how to install a program but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Uninstalled Kontakt again, reinstalled, opened. Instead of being empty, it shows three 'library content not found' warnings.

7. lukie

lukie Newbie

Hi you might have to go into regedit and delete studio drummer from your registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Native Instruments \ Content \ Studio Drummer

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ \ SOFTWARE \ Native Instruments \ Content \ Studio Drummer

And then cilck on "add library" within the library browser tab kontakt, and pointed to the studio drummer folder which contains your samples, Instruments, & Documentation folders.

Hope this helps *yes*

8. pixie

pixie Newbie

I installed a registry cleaner but it didn't help, perhaps I should've done it manually. Thanks for the help guys. Eventually I reinstalled my OS again and everything is OK now. Still have no idea what happened but most likely it had to do with registry.

9. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Pixie,

Just a question about this 'Studio Drummer_info.nkx'. Is it at least still present within your 'Studio Drummer' Library ?
    Because as long that 'Kontakt' can't find it... you'll be unable to add your Library the simplest way !
    This 'Studio Drummer_info.nkx' contains all the necessary info about the other(s) '.nkx' file(s) that contain itself (themselves) all the samples used within this 'Studio Drummer' Library, therefore its presence is mandatory !

If it's absent, the best suggestion that I can give you is to try to find an user that can provide you his own 'Studio Drummer_info.nkx', then when obtained, simply place it along the others necessary files to get your Library working properly.

As I don't own this 'Studio Drummer' Library, I can't to help you more right now... however, Good Luck in your quest ! :wink:

10. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

I dont have a Studio Drummer_info.nkx file only ninct and nkc and nkr so it is not nessecary.
    But if kontakt look for _info.nkx simply just make an emty file with any text editor and name that file exactly the same name as kontakt search for.
    In newers version of kontakt if you do the regtrick you also have to make an _info.nkx file so you can see the lib in the lib browser

11. pixie

pixie Newbie

OK, thanks! Everything works now after OS reinstall but it might be useful in the future.