Studio Desk

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Maduka, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Maduka

Maduka Kapellmeister

Attached Files:

3. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

4. Maduka

Maduka Kapellmeister

Thanks Bluerover for the advise. I'm thinking about the studio monitors too. It seems that the shelf is for small studio monitors. I don't know if its better to use stand for bigger studio monitors and use the top shelf for small studio monitors.

5. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Don't know the dimensions of that one, but all i've seen of the same kind may be a little short for big speakers (assuming that's what you mean by "monitors"), but it's not like you cant put them in there or anything, it's just gonna be a bit off the shelf.

One thing i can say about this type of desks though, is that you really need to be careful with the size of your screen. When you find the ideal position for the speakers and the listening position, you may have to pull the speakers a bit closer to each other (specially if you tend to lean forward), and if they are big speakers that's quite a bit of space.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

it does not have locking caster wheels. to me that is actually the biggest drawback. They get so heavy to move around when loaded up with your gear. You can get monitor stands later, but I always have used the floor stand versions.

7. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

those are the ones I use but they go to the floor. They have little spikes and adjustment hardware, so even if your floor is not level you can get them perfect. a thin rubber pad between the platform and the monitor. you get nothing from the desk, and you can move them around.

9. Maduka

Maduka Kapellmeister

mk_96 thanks for your suggestion. The thing is i have another set of monitors the Yamaha HS80M that i would like use it. At the moment they are not in use. My main monitors are The Neumann 120. I have it on floor stand.

10. Maduka

Maduka Kapellmeister

Thanks Clone for your help too.

11. Maduka

Maduka Kapellmeister

12. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

I have one problem/question with this type of desks in general and it is the height of the main screen (yes, we are confusing monitors with monitors ;)). I do a lot of other work like video/cg so maybe it works for you guys, like an occasional check on the screen.. I'd die if I had my screen center at 135+ cm height since my eyes are ~20 cm lower (115 cm) when sitting comfortably

..but I also see pro producers with screens usually on/below eye level. you can check Toprak, Kirkpatrick, HZ etc etc

[​IMG]

Vesa mount would solve the problem if there was any space. Interested in your experience..

13. Pasi

Pasi Audiosexual

Great looking 'setup' you got there ;)

14. clone

clone Audiosexual

What would you say, if you got a new job in some random office, and they showed you your desk and it had the monitor on a shelf 18 inches off the desk? :guru:

Eye level is much better on your neck. but it isn't as bad with a bigger monitor because you lean back instead of looking up. I don't like the shelf personally, but I am stuck with one for now.

15. BiG Pluck

BiG Pluck Kapellmeister

I had one of their desk years ago. It was $800 but I got it for $500 on a friend's employee discount. Trust me it wasn't worth the discount price for a bunch of cheesey ass plywood! And it gets weaker Everytime you break it down & reassemble. I wish I had installed metal screw bindings instead of using their wood screws.
    Check out this guy's building of his gaming desk. Maybe you can contact him & come up with a design for your needs. I don't know him nor if he takes on custom builds but if he does it'll sure be worth it.

-BiG Pluck

16. Oneeyedstan

Oneeyedstan Platinum Record

To me it looks good too. According to the low price in comparison to others, the quality is maybe questionable.

17. clone

clone Audiosexual

you lose about 20 rack units of space underneath it though, by not having the sides metal. well, definitely not help up by what @BiG Pluck describes.

18. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

7 SALES RANK in Studio Furniture

[​IMG]

32 Reviews

www.thomann.de/gb/glorious_sound_desk_pro_black.htm?sid=d8cc08eb313de434600b3c312737fb3a&shp=eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiZ2IiLCJjdXJyZW5jeSI6NCwibGFuZ3VhZ2UiOjJ9&reload=1

Mogg 19.08.2020
    I bought the Glorious Sound Desk Pro for use in my home studio as I needed something that had a keyboard tray and some rackspace for my audio interface, patch bay and midi interfaces etc. This fits the bill perfectly.

The design is perfect for my needs and I now have lots more useable workspace with most of the things I need within arms reach.

The numerous cable ducts on the desk surface and cable tidy at the rear are well placed and means I can keep my cabling very tidy, but more importantly my desktop is uncluttered also.

It arrives flatpack but it's pretty easy to put together and seems very sturdy.

The keyboard tray can be set at 4 different heights which is a bonus depending on the size of the keyboard/mixer you are putting on it. My only gripe is on the 2 lowest settings means my legs touch the slide out tray, that said it's not a big issue at all.

All in all it's a fantastic desk and is well worth the money. The build quality seems very good but I can't comment on longevity as I've only had it a week. But I do recommend this especially if, like me, you were looking at the Output Platform and didn't want to spend as much.

19. jefft

jefft Producer

Best buy,
    https://www.thomann.de/gb/studiorta_producer_station.htm
    Also something to consider when purchasing a desk.
    With this having lockable castors, it makes it easy to move out to get at wiring leads etc from the rear, with a freestanding unit {Caster-less} you need two people to move it

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  20. Shirvami1

Shirvami1 Guest

You can also order in a local furniture workshop according to your drawings

21. Oneeyedstan

Oneeyedstan Platinum Record

:yes: and it would be probably cheaper or at least not more expensive