Student Discounts on Software/Plugins Question

Discussion in 'Education' started by tek909, Jun 12, 2013.

1. tek909

tek909 Member

If I go to college as regular non-music major student, can I still qualify to receive the student discounts offered on music software/plugins???

:break:

3. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Go Here my mother is a teacher and i used her info to buy Kontakt 2 a few years Back i don't think they ask what your major is http://www.academicsuperstore.com/specials?uumc=550517&utm_source=search&utm_medium=paidsearch&sissr=1

i think Sweet Water music store has academic discount to

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

just write the companies a mail and ask about it - they will tell you what to do.

so far i know
    Fabfilter 50% off of everything included bundles.
    Camel Audio 50% off the plugins (Alchemy will also have one Expansion for free.) - bundles not included!
    NI - no discounts - wait for 50% off - mostly over specials days like eastern or that Black Friday.
    Ableton 50% for all versions of Live including the Push Bundle. - Discounts are not combinable.
    ImageLine EDU discounts - not sure how much - go on the page.
    KV331 Audio - has also discounts for students - just send - i cant remember.

5. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

You probably only need to provide an educational (university/college) email address to qualify

When Windows7 first came out my wife was studying at a local university and I used her university email to buy Windows7 for £30 British Pounds which was less than half price at the time.

6. MARJU GRLYO

MARJU GRLYO Noisemaker

I'm almost sure there's an Edu version of Maschine, don't know for other products...

7. bigboobs

bigboobs Kapellmeister

You may ask every company. As long as you are student on a real college/university you may get discounts. Rob papen is granting discounts, DMG Audio (Equality, best EQ ever) also, and much more. Just ASK.
    Some are giving you 50%, some just 25%. Mostly you'll get NFR (not for resale) versions then! However, as long as you're a student you should buy as much as you can!

Assholes regarding edu discounts: Native Instruments & U-HE + more.

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

there you go: http://www.native-instruments.com/en/company/education-program/
    they give EDU lic only for institutions not for students.

Blue Cat Audio will give you 25% and Arts Acoustic you have to send a mail - im they will also give you discounts.

yes U-He never gave any EDU discounts and then the high Taxes in EU countries :snuffy:

9. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

I once bought Cubase 4 EDU on eBay, although i never was a student *no*