Stuck MIDI notes in Live 9

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by monochrom3, Dec 27, 2014.

1. monochrom3

monochrom3 Ultrasonic

Hey guys,

I'm working on a new track in Live 9 right now and I have this really annoying issue with MIDI notes getting stuck every now and then.

I have an instance of Cthulhu on a MIDI track which takes incoming chords from a MIDI clip and "converts" them to an arpeggiated synth line. The MIDI output of that channel is then being routed into a second channel with a soft synth and some FX on it. Every time I play the sequenced chords on the cthulhu channel, at some point the MIDI running into the synth contains a wrong note which gets "stuck" and won't stop playing until you stop audio playback in Live. It's really annoying and creates an audible dissonance, and right now I'm not really sure how to get rid of it.

Does anyone here have a solution for this?

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

do you have a midi keyboard also connected? if so then try switching that off, then start your midi track again and see if you still get the same problem

4. fuad

fuad Producer

Yeah this happened to me before. When you click on the midi clip you get all the midi options. Go to the envelopes section of the midi clip. Choose "Midi Ctrl" and then in the second drop down menu scroll down to "hold pedal 2" and make sure you have no automation points. While you're at it just check all the parameters to make sure nothing weird is going on there. This happened to me once and I go so frustrated and it turned out I made some automation points by mistake and it was causing notes to keep playing indefinitely.