Stuck in low ratio on AudioNews

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Drewz_, May 25, 2024.

1. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Producer

Release we can't get on the sister site?

2. gzilla

gzilla Ultrasonic

For new account, grab files from sister site and seed it there. Don't download anything yet to waste your ratio.
    Especially new scene release you can get it from sister site before it available there.

3. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Rock Star

The system you describe is deeply unequal and overly complicated. You wanna build a site like that and earn money, justified or not? Then make it subscription-only. Everyone pays the same thing, at the same time, each month or each year but, in exchange of that, will never have to bother and torture one's head with ratio / seedbox problems. Never.

But of course, why doing something simple and comprehensive by anyone, when you can torture everyone with over-complicated, unequal and unattainable ratio rules? Why?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

If each user pay, we can just do : users x price = money AN get.
    But here we know NOTHING about how many money they get for more than a decade now ...

And NO there is no real bandwidth need : you only download the TORRENT file.
    It is less than 100kb... less than a picture.

WE need bandwidth for torrenting (seedbox, computer ...).
    AN is just a forum and a torrents database.

No warez files are hosted by them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Amore_de_la_Vida

And what about the torrents' tracker? Each site like this one have a specialized server called a tracker, which centralize the private, internal torrents (not accessible from outside to non-member$), "inventorize" the swarm (I dunno the exact word, but a tracker "knows" how many seeders/leechers are available at an instant T), calculates your ratio, and based on this f.locking ratio authorizes you to download some Mo... or not, if your ratio reaches the ground.

I dunno AN, but it's true that in this kind of site we can't know precisely where the money goes - rarely. I think It's an unspoken rule: seen from a financial POV, these sites are like black holes.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
  6. FrankPig

FrankPig Rock Star

Similar. I'm puzzled by those who say it's impossible to maintain a healthy ratio on AN without paying.

Just jump on a new torrent that you anticipate is going to be popular, and only download 1 part of it, then sit back and watch your ratio blossom.

I downloaded 2 single parts of Kontakt Factory Library 2 v1.3 and Session Horns Pro 1.5 yesterday morning, totalling 1088Mb. Utorrent is currently reporting those 2 parts have seeded back 48.6Gb. It's not rocket science.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Frogsworth

Frogsworth Member

Only way I've been able to seed without getting dinged for the download is to download a high leech item from another source, then download the AN torrent to seed it back. Their system sucks compared to most other private trackers, that give you bonus points for seeding, even if no one is downloading. Also had issues seeding back with qbit and had to use vuze in order to properly seed back to AN, because again, their system is garbage.

8. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

It is not rocket science ... when it works.
    Search their forum about "ratio" and read.

I've done it, and seen a lot of users complaining about uploading almost nothing (even brand new torrent), and worse, getting no seed ratio when they do.

I'm not a total noob : my AZ account is several years old.
    I've downloaded/uploaded more than 1 terabyte.
    I'm a computer tech too ...

It doesn't work for SOME ppl, whatever trick you use, and whatever setting (torrent client, internet box...).
    I've spend already too much time with this, trying everything on MY SIDE (several clients, settings ...)

What they do on THEIR side ?
    Nobody knows ... and that's the problem.

I'm happy for you it works, but as you can read here, i'm not the only one.

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

This is close to accurate. You can create a new torrent (correctly, so it is not deleted), and if your new torrent meets the requirements it is put on the tracker. That is exactly like nearly every site which accept content from contributors.

If you want to download from other sources just to get ratio there, I can tell you this. Many new torrents uploaded from Userland are often done wrong. Look on the delete log and it will show it being deleted and the reason. If this is what you mean by "can't seed", then you need to figure out how to do your part correctly. Of course they know people try to upload random junk to gain ratio. Happens all the time, on any site.

If the time it takes you to download from another source, just so you can get a .torrent file and then swap in your content from other sources is worth your effort, you can probably do that. I do not think that is faster, in any way. By the time you go download it somewhere else, and setup the content to match without downloading; you will get more ratio being one of the first to grab the torrent much easier to get your numbers. It's possible, but that is a good amount of unnecessary work if the content is already on the tracker. That's why people who do this are called "racers".

To do that, you probably already have a debrid service or premium link generator; to make it even worthwhile to you. If you have such a service, the point of this whole subject is largely moot. But if you are just getting free FFS links and think that is in any way better, then good luck with that.

Most of the more "interesting" responses I am reading, all boil down to a few things. 1) Agenda. People making incorrect statements on purpose, for the obvious reasons. 2) do not know what they are doing. 3) Want to tell a site that has been around since we all stopped using alt.binaries.sounds.utilities for this stuff; how their site should be operated. 4) Conspiracy theories. Any combination of the above other reasons which are perceived as deliberately unfair.

Private networks, webmasters, and others always set the rules on their sites. Not us, as users. You can complain all you want, but it's not going to change for you. You can deal with the sandbox you are in, or you can pick up your toys and go find a new one. If you can't figure it out and need to be spoonfed answers to all these injustices, then keep complaining.

10. Amore_de_la_Vida

Personally, I think the ultimate goal of these kinds of private trackers is to make you pay, one way or another.

It's the meaning of my message earlier: I would like these teams to end all hypocrisy, and to make everyone contribute with a very cheap subscription, the same for everyone, putting an end to all this madness about ratio and seedboxes...

Private trackers have though a clear advantage to others in terms of security, because all the p2p transactions are encrypted.