Strings Runs Slurs, trills

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Don Gargon, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Don Gargon

Don Gargon Member

Hello, i know there's some good kontakt strings articulations out there [Hollywood/Berlin/spitfire/cinestrings etc...] But i dont want kontakt! is there a vst similar to do runs slurs/trills that sound realistic! that doesn't have a massive library! or maybe build my own strings stack in a vst sampler..or any midi ideas??

3. soldina

soldina Ultrasonic

If you do not want a massive library, I can only see the SWAM plugins as an alternative. It can either sound very synthetic if you do not know what you’re doing, or like the most realistic strings ever if you really learn to play it and assign MIDI CCs to a couple of parameters.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

You should look in your DAW and see if there are any Articulation Sets and Editor and Expression Maps. Maybe you will find something similar.

Art Conductor for Logic, Cubase/Nuendo. They match them up to libraries for Kontakt instruments so that you get the most you can out of each library. https://www.babylonwaves.com/ you can probably find on sister site.

You should also remember there are sister site releases of UVI Falcon, which is just about the next best instrument sampler to Kontakt. The East/West libraries do not run inside Kontakt either. If you want to make that kind of music however, you should pretty much get over your issue with using Kontakt or you will be severely limiting your options.