Strange issues with Audio interface

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by abhinavjoshua, Oct 16, 2016.

1. abhinavjoshua

abhinavjoshua Noisemaker

Hi,
    I can't seem to find any solution to my problem, so posting it here. Recently, my audio interface Audient ID14 was giving me some issues and ended up with its all led lights maxed always no matter if I plug in anything to it or not. The unit was not responding at all. After trying every possible solution, I ended up sending it to the service centre as my device was still in warranty. In the meanwhile, I borrowed my friend's interface to work for sometime. After few recordings, it also ended up doing the same thing. All led lights on the meter always maxed up no matter anything is connected or not. It was an M Audio Mtrack usb audio interface. I searched for this error and found a video on youtube saying that it happens due to some blown components. Here's the link to the video

I'm stuck and have no clue as to why this is happening? I'm pretty sure that the fault is coming from my PC but dont know what it is. I have noticed that the USB 3.0 on my PC works weirdly, sometimes it works but most of the time, it doesn't. My audient is about to come back, I had a call and they told me that it's a very strange issue and they have replaced the unit. I don't want to spoil my new device. Help me!

3. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

get a different pc...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Is it bus powered or are you using the included power supply. Make sure its the correct power supply. I accidentally fried an outboard presonus comp16 because of this. 16VAC ring postive is what they require, totally different from any other power supplies I own. Also its not only the power rating you have to check but also the polarity of the power supply. Just because the jack fits doesnt mean its the right one!

Presonus relaced it for me free of charge and also picked up the shipping, even though I was a couple months over the one year warranty. I never registered it when I first bought it, so the rep said to me "Just go and register it now on the website and call me back" and they sent me a new one.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016