Strange behaviors on AS forums today

Discussion in 'humor' started by MozartEstLa, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

You certainly know quite a lot 14y old boys. :bleh:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

More grooming pony pics. Hmm, I wonder who could that be? :hahaha:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

:suicide:

:shalom:

4. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

Quod Erat Demonstrandum :wink:
    Chut!!!! (Shh) if you talk too loud about R**, this topic will be closed:hahaha:

5. TW

TW Guest

really? alter egos now to keep that threat rolling`? That is sad.

6. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Ok @Ginsling
    Acquiring 95% of the cpu market for at least 12 yrs by using proven various unlawful methods is monopolizing the market. They only let AMD (which are no saints either) exist, so they avoid a straight up monopoly accusation, thus ppl like you can confirm there was fair competition under "the letter of the law" and public eyes. I didn't see you commenting on the real fact which is Intel break the law anytime they please. What you say about jacking the prices if one's monopolizing, stands only for black market practices. No commercial company with a large clientell would scare away their customers by jacking up prices. And not because of fear that they would go the other (non really existent) guy = competition. But because they will milk their cows till the end of times for the exact amount of milk any of them can produce. Thus they have various product lines and their pricing is exactly what each target group can afford. "Smart" and convenient.

Inquiries have been made long before our conversation and it was statistically proven that the people who dl torrent music are the people who actually buy more music, much more than any of the people who do not dl torrents etc. You imply its the torrents that made musicians poor ? I say it's itunes and youtube and their practices. Mainly anyway. Have you ever read the terms of itunes ? Have you ever compared them to a typical record company contract ? Lemme know.
    Is it piracy who led to Cakewalk's demise and it isn't Gibson's scam with all that "Lifetime upgrades" etc ? They grabbed their customers dow with false promises and bailed in a jiffy. Which individual would file a lawsuit against Gibson mate and how much would it cost them to just go to court? (Among others i do own a Sonar Platinum licence, wanna see just ask).
    I stand behind any 14 yo with a pirate FL or whatever, if that would make them be musicians, producers etc. They will know what is the "right thing" to do, once they understand the importance of keeping music soft alive and that everything in life is a cycle.

Imho, the focus isn't on any 14yo from a poor country (ie: the average monthly salary of a Vietnamese worker last year was $145 in Hanoi and $148 in Ho Chi Minh City) who's drooling over the softies like they are panacea. It should be on people who make and have the money and use pirate soft nevertheless. I do remember Waves suing Skyline Studios for infringement and winning the lawsuit. I didn't see Image Line,Waves whatever company suing any 14yo. Because simply they are all potential future customers. And while i am not exactly on the same page as this friend of mine, he would quote " if you train your slaves at a tender age they are more obedient when they grow up" lol.
    What i don't stand behind is any big corp trying to squeeze every ounce of my hard earned wallet by playing dirty industry games under the table just because they can get away with it.
    Ps: Hey i see you are "new" here. Stick around, we 'll be having lambchops for new year's eve.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. DoubleSharp

DoubleSharp Platinum Record

Steve Jobs fought the Major Labels tooth and nail to bring down prices. Rightly in my opinion. Apple are not responsible for the devaluation of music. Worth remembering an old school advance from a record label was rarely ever paid off by the Artist. That's why Bowie and Prince went for those crazy deals. That's another debate though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise:_The_Political_Economy_of_Music
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34268474

Very interesting. Those concepts are now starting to affect other industries.

https://thetrichordist.com/2016/05/...ins-to-equal-average-spotify-employee-salary/
    https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/05/26/band-1-million-spotify-streams-royalties/

A company that has never made a profit.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...iden-after-music-site-flags-accounting-errors

Who's leeching off who ?

Devils advocate would say this is the exact opposite of what is happening. 'Free enterprise' leeches off the people in the first place. The banks lend the money so business can start. The banks are too big to fail...

The case of Spotify being a fantastic example.

8. playtime

playtime Rock Star

9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I wonder how many i could list, could probably spend each moment for the rest of my life lol
    [​IMG]

10. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

@MMJ2017
    I guess you guys wear Gucci's in your fam right ? What was it that you bought your son for his 18 birthday mate, a Porsche ? And i mean when was Gucci low in price so they jacked it up ?
    As for the Marlboros, being a smoker myself for 35 yrs -i know nasty habit- they never ever jacked up the prices as it was implied. In all ciggies, the prices steadily rise lil by lil only because (in my country) the tax for cigarettes rises steadily and this is due to the EU (and domestic) laws not the manufacturers. I 'd never fend for the tobacco industry as they are proven evil, but they make much less than what they used to. For your school district bill, that is a goverment-state thing mate, education is free where i come from. As for Time Warner i can;t comment as they 're not avail here, is that a monopoly in any way?
    Anyone you mention, imho will be exactly as i said, the correct price for the correct target group. But it's ok write anything. I wish you a happy new year.
    @Ginsling
    2016 ended with Intel @ 95 %,you should check your facts more thorough. This year Ryzen-Threadripper kinda tipped the balance. Not that 80% changes anything lol.
    Intel, Ms, Gibson, HarmanKardon etc etc, all is intertwined in a cycle and they impose similar tactics to stay up top. One leads to another. I will not expand on how it all happens, chronologically. I 'm no fan of conspiracy theories anyway.
    I will only note, monopoly is a Greek word, and i could explain, but it will all sound Greek to you. Have fun discovering your civilization and language origins. Google is your friend.
    Btw, referring to where i come from as diminishing, shows the person you are and is only diminishing yourself. Nuff said. Hail Hydra. Stay frosty with all your multiple personas in my ignore list.

11. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

so i know i have participated in this thread, but what is the meaning of it all, im really drunk right now, im sure i will remember tomorrow.
    im so hungry right now

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

coming!

Currywurst Pommes.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1