Strange behaviors on AS forums today

Discussion in 'humor' started by MozartEstLa, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Showing middle fingers is not good kiddo. You are new and this site has some rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  2. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I get what you say, but I never read any warez group complaining in their infos (other than an specific group and release).
    Which is the main reason that provokes these threads.
    I'm totally fine with the complaints and whatever, even touching my hosts file. But I've an opinion.

I totally get you, I wouldn't stand the complains even if I could release great things like your already classic great Sylenth compilations.
    But this time is the releasers complaining.

3. Resonator

Resonator Kapellmeister

As should anyone's rights be who choose not to have to listen, In this case this site chooses to not have to listen to off topic subjects that have little use for what the site is intended if they CHOOSE. I find this a valuable editing task.

4. egreejus

egreejus Member

If you think the more (cracked) software you aquire the better your music will be, think again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

I only explained how the scene works. Plain and simple. You either understand the fact that any scene outsider is in fact a hypothetical "beggar" or you don't. If you can't read what is a metaphor in written speech, this shouldn't be my problem. Do i have to put everything in brackets?
    As for the greedy ones, they do get middle finger. What is your problem with that. You shouldn't get offended unless you are one.
    Also, only mods take actions here, i don't. I only write my opinion as you do. What exactly gives you the impression i am greedy ? Did you miss the part that i buy my soft ? I 'll be happy to show you around my studio. Scared of what mate ? I am the last person that could not care less if every warez group stopped releasing soft or even if the internet goes down indefinitely tomorrow. Did you ever see me posting praises to R2R? Did you ever see me asking for soft? I think not. You confuse me for one that you can patronize and put false tags on me ? I ran a studio for 15 years relying solely on dedicated hardware. No comps. And i have the proof for it, just ask for it, anytime man. Surely i always had a comp or two but i never felt they were fast enough to put them in my actual workflow, not until the Pentium III era, but this is irrelevant of course.
    I have no gain by writing any of this. If you were a coder/programmer like AoN i would happily respect your "scientific" opinion in R2R's current reverse work if you ever expressed one. Funny you called me kiddo hahah. Because as it is, all your "criticism" is only smalltalk for kids.
    And the whole charade around famous artists, political parties etc is only because they are public figures. They intentionally let ppl have an impression of who they might be, each for their own reasons, its part of what they do for a living. You ever saw, met or conversed with an R2R or AiR etc lemme know.
    Bottom line,
    One R2R blaming the people capitalizing on their releases, which sounds reasonable to me, and on the other hand,
    a myriad of whinos whining about a hypothetical whiner, trying to pass their constant nagging for freedom of speech and fair criticism.
    Yeah sure :wink:. I suppose trolling is an art too ?
    Have an nice holiday
    EDIT: I realized now that it wasn't me you called kiddo, you were just referring to the mid finger i posted. I still find all this constant nagging childish anyway. But never mind. Be well.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Certainly makes me feel important in a Bruce Jenner , kinky kind of way.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  7. egreejus

egreejus Member

Could be the 'serum' :unsure:

8. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

I respect everyone's opinion. (Those that i don't i simply put in my ignore list so i don't see what they write anyway)
    You say you never read any warez group complaining ? I remember vividly AiR writing a whole page of complaints-replies to naggers. Radium as well when some peeps complained about some odd Cubase VST release if i recall correctly. I remember Paradox pretty much telling everyone who was not scene to f*ck off. Not being aware of doesn't mean they are not there my friend.
    Moving from history-memory lane nostalgia to present tense, nowadays you never read audio warez groups complaining because there are none. Just like AoN said. R2R is the only scene group left.
    VR is not scene. Not even proper crackers yet. I wish them the best anyway and hope they evolve. (BEAT were much worse crackers than VR and still they transformed to something better and tried to contribute while under that initial moniker).
    AudioUtopias were a sort of a one hit wonder, albeit being a multiple one. Mucho respect for their guerilla style hit and run strategy.
    So this leaves us with just R2R.
    And to make myself perfectly clear, i don't need warez whatsoever. It is not a matter of who needs it anyway.
    The whole free world needs scene groups like R2R to exist, to keep the larger companies in check so they don't get greedy on our asses. If pricing was up to Avid-Digidesign and Apple alone with noone to counterbalance it they would easily add another zero to their offerings without any hesitation. And be sure everyone else would follow accordingly as well.
    I don't wanna sound melodramatic or over sensitive pseudo scepticist but the last frontiers of democracy are steadily falling one by one. Globalization by monstrous multinational corps absorbing smaller individuals, acquiring their ips & patents and spitting them out like they were nothing. AKG anyone? Cakewalk even? Net neutrality ? Trump for president of the USA ? Evolved Nazi political parties making a comeback in almost all European countries ? Even here, enough of the populace admits to not care about their privacy rights as long as they run MS's latest. Like all the blood shed for centuries to gain those democratic rights in the first place means nothing ?
    Imho we 're facing a dim future where you won't be able even to break the law, because there won't be any law as we know it to begin with. Just an absolute global status implying and guiding every move. Step away from the norm and you are branded forever by the watchdogs.
    For all those reasons, we need our R2Rs. We gotta have our Steampunks. This is a matter of maintaining the balance and tipping the odds towards the "lil guy".
    Lastly because i hear too many people saying they don't care about politics, EVERYTHING is politics. We impose politics with the way we live our life and its various aspects. Certain actions trigger certain reactions and whether this happens in a miniscule or grand scale, affecting just a single person or a whole bunch, deep down it is still politics.
    Thank you for your time,
    Happy holidays

• Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  9. DieM

DieM Rock Star

:bow:

:)

:bow:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  10. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Me neither. :no: How can I be greedy? Just saying that VPS Avenger was not expected on sister site. V.R made that possible. I prefer their release over R2R. That's just me only. R2R is huge group. Their work can never be forgotten. :bow:

11. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Hey Andrew it's not worth keeping this thread open. I know what you mean soz!

12. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

What was said has been said.
    Let's leave this topic for good please.

13. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Hey Man let's be happy that we have such a great sight to be a part of in spite of some of the egomaniacs that dwell here!
    Some great people too! Your posts are a revelation. Doesn't happen too often.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

For sure I respect yours, very reasonable and polite and backed by facts ))
    Perhaps I just didn't read H2Os or AIRs nfos back in the day. But my opinion would have been the same for them than for R2R.

I just don't agree with (all) their complaints and the way they put them. I love and thanks every R2R, VR, AudioUtopia, XCore, Egg releases just as much as ever. I don't know the scene, I can't take too seriously dramas or the opposite of things I don't know.

I was talking about the general warez scene. Well, let's say about cr*ckers in general. I don't care if a release is from the scene or not, I care about its value. Even being audio software an small market, if R2R retires others will come.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  15. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

With the risk of being deleted - sorry Andrew- i will only say this.
    Sure free enterprise works. Millions of downloadable albums/singles are being sold and record companies thrive as never before. Anti-monopoly laws made sure there are so many companies manufacturing computer cpus that we 're having a hard time deciding what to choose.
    Btw, they caught the thieves that stole my aunt's car. The buggers' names were R2R and H2O.
    Happy Corporate New Year :)

16. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I agree, let me know when you go for a walk so i can send Deebo to pick up your studio goods and hand them over to @taskforce, he just needs to demo some stuff, you'll get it back homie, its all good.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  17. Cafenegro

Cafenegro Member

Just want to remind everyone that R2R needs the ‘beggars’ as much as the ‘beggars’ need them.

R2R is nothing if nobody cares about their releases. Proof? Now that they are releasing sh*t because most of the big players put them in their payroll, people are starting to criticize them and their antics.

I personally have no respect for R2R and feel nobody owes them anything - it’s just a business transaction: R2R provides users with free cracked software and users provide R2R with the leverage needed to extort money from the big players.

At the end of the day, R2R are just common thieves with computer skills.

18. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

[​IMG]

19. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

@Ginsling
    Seriously? These are facts?

The prices of cpus which conform according to consumer demand and the constant advance of technology and r&d of it have absolutely nothing to do with monopolies.
    Monopoly = the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service.
    I guess you don't know who this is in the computer world, it doesn't ring any bells, right? Sure they play by the rules and laws. By conforming with them any time they please and just maybe eventually paying a rudimentary fine or two after a ton of trials postponed from here to eternity.

So the music biz is the equivalent of horse and buggy biz to you. Fact is : People listen to more music than ever and musicians are getting paid less than ever. But sure this is exactly like the horse and buggy biz. Sounds suspiciously like the real thieves are not exactly where you 're pointing your finger at. But sure yeah man, lets all be itunes so they get 40% for selling our music like they wrote the fkn thing. Lets all be youtube so we get a penny for every 1000 plays.
    I will comply.
    Hail Hydra.

20. Cafenegro

Cafenegro Member

Best Answer
    Well, what do you expect from people who justify stealing by claiming their victim is exploiting someone else?

The excuse used to be that the ‘big players’ were stealing from poor musicians with those overpriced products.
    But their hero, R2R, is now cracking mostly $5 Plugins from struggling developers. The ‘good developers’, with musician-friendly prices and products, are now victims of R2R and their greedy followers.

And now we have gone full circle and R2R is crying foul because another thief (r2rdownload.com) is stealing from them!

Funny stuff!