Stop stealing and support hard working developers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by synthmaster, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Blorg

Blorg Producer

^
    We must punish them: decrease their audience by not stealing their code :)

2. wouala woualouf

wouala woualouf Platinum Record

this *pirate* thing has been proven false so many times...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List

3. The end of it will come one day. Use what you have.

4. Blorg

Blorg Producer

So what you're saying is you pirate shit that sucks donkey balls?
    ProTip: http://www.vst4free.com/
    But you don't want that janky plebe-tier shit. A discriminating musical marvel such as yourself demands (and justly deserves!) nothing less than teh creme de la creme, so forced to steal re-skinned donkey jizz-guzzling crap. It's like those dumbass greedy devs don't even care about ur raite 2 mad beets :(

5. virusg

virusg Rock Star

@wouala woualouf man what must be added as one of the greatest comment on audiosex... totally epic... I saved it as a text somewhere ... now someone with balls post that on kvr :guru:

6. loCurnus

loCurnus Ultrasonic

oh.... i know exact what you feel.....
    first of all..... welcome to the audioscene. if you plugin is good, than some of the releasegroups got focus on it. --- this is a point for your hard work!!!
    second:

if there is a cracked version for your synthmaster, this will be "easy" to google it for the next 15 years! whic is the BEST promotional boost you can have.

please remember:

not any dude who copied your plugin to test it, is a potenial buyer of your software. thats a long rumor!
    you can have some strategy against it..... first: check the denuvou guys with there encryt. also the nexus copy protections works fine for newer versions.

i have need an internal nexus2 (2014) version, which was so hard to crack so many years :) a lot of audiostuff leecher install so much stuff hey do not need, so the synthmaster is just one of them.

armin is doing a lot of synthMaster patches using :) btw. this is a pro for your hard work....

i dont want to calm down the cracking "problem", but normally serious musicians still buy the stuff they need. (exept avicciiii and fraux LIKE HIM)

make them a second version which you called synthmaster delux, send it the sonnox CODING team to get a solid expertise, and they can give you good tips to protect your software like tc electronic MD5

the best copy protection that i saw in 15 years, was a little russia synth, and i can save all my patches in ableton, but always after restarting got the same empty init file! >(but with my saving name) :) save your project than its initfile again....

interrupting the musicians workflow is a KO crit. for most musicians around the world...

just the bought legit version is working the right ways.... promote the new "init trend" to your homepage, and sent the init save trend to allll the other big distibutors at the scene. (waves- steinberg etc.) you will see there is a lot of interest getting active now solutions for the audio scene

normally the coders are still vst (steinberg, AU Mac) Coders. they do not care much about copy protection. they just try to create the "uncrackable uncrackabelst protectiosn ever..... like denuvo did (for more than a year) .... this was BIG mistake. (never talk to loud about your new uncrackable softwareprotection ar yopur homepage or wallets!)

the best copy protection is not to show that the protection found out that the version u use is still a copy...

so please, if you got more questions about "tricky" copy protecios call me,

.cheeRs

.noWon.

7. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Well 7 years have passed and I am no longer a kid, and I've still never used this software.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  8. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Hrhrhrhrhr....

9. Integral

Integral Guest

Simply genious

10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

This I agree with. Tbh I feel sorry for anyone who buys their first DAW without using cracks first. While you're still learning the ropes you don't know wtf you want or what workflow suits you, or what features you need. It's a lot of money for something you don't really understand. I used cracked Pro Tools, then cracked Cubase, then cracked Samplitude, then cracked Live, then cracked Studio One, then finally bought Live and Cubase a couple years later, when I was reasonably sure that these are the DAWs that give me what I need to make music without a lot of hassle.

This I don't agree with. U-he had prestige and people were well aware of their quality WELL before the plugins were cracked. This kind of logic seems to fit for new or relatively obscure devs who put out an undeniably good product and people get a chance to interact with it and recognize its quality. PluginBoutique's stereosavage comes to mind for me. I saw people saying good things about it on Audioz, downloaded the crack, and bought it 30 minutes later. But devs who already have the attention of the audio community don't necessarily benefit from having their plugins cracked. Urs has posted multiple times about the drop in sales and the astronomic rise in license transfer requests - which occupies his employees and precludes them from working on development - which occurs immediately after their plugs get cracked. If U-he has expanded recently it's because Repro was a staggering success at a very fair price.

He's very open about the demands on his company to create new plugins to drive revenue, and the conflict that creates with his desire to continue updating and improve existing plugins, and how difficult it is to budget his time and resources to balance the two.

Eh. I don't disagree with you. It's all the same, but that's our responsibility as consumers to be able to discern that and not be hypnotized by marketing. I think you're unnecessarily and unrealistically cynical about plugin developers. Many or most of them are actually passionate music nerds who are trying to improve on the existing paradigm in their own little ways, after their own little visions. A parametric EQ is a parametric EQ through and through, and yes there are minor sound quality differences that can only be noticed with either preternatural ears or measuring software. And yet, so many of them offer things that are subtly different. Fabfilter has a brainlessly quick and easy interface. Acon Equalize has continuously variable slopes. AirEQ has that cool macro control system. Nobody's forcing you to buy - or warez - anything.

Edit: I should add that I'm with you regarding the costs of upgrade schemes. Companies like Steinberg and Izotope, who put out a major update every year and charge a bunch of money are obnoxious. I was really annoyed at how much money I had to pay to upgrade Neutron less than a year after its release. Cubase is sort of the same. At least they nickel and dime you to make it seem less painful lol

I have no judgment for anyone who uses cracks. I have a few on my machine as well, and I practically always download a crack (if available) rather than a demo if I'm thinking about buying something. But this "piracy is beneficial and developers are bad" thing is a half-true circlejerk that needs to be balanced by the reality of what a struggle it is to run a small company. Sometimes piracy does benefit DAW developers, yes. Occasionally piracy benefits some small-time plugin developer whose product is launched from obscurity by its accessibility and undeniable quality, yes absolutely. Just as often it is a hardship on developers. And that's kind of okay too - it's just the way things go. There are people who can't pay for plugins or aren't serious enough to spend those high asking prices. Those guys need love too. But when I see people talking like they're curing world hunger by downloading cracked plugins it just makes me smack my forehead.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List