Stop stealing and support hard working developers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by synthmaster, Sep 25, 2011.

1. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    It's sad to read that developers are throwing in the towel for being in the red financially. However, there's a flip side to this: Customers that buy crappy plugins due to misleading publicity or lack of experience in assessing their needs. More than one can admit, myself included, having bought software that is collecting digital dust at the far corner of a hard drive. Trying before buying is a way to make sure a plugin will stand the test of time and use. That's the big challenge for developers: to create tools that will be used for long. A 30-day demo or a crippled plugin will never provide full testing. Some people may need more than 30 days to finish mixing a track to see if the plugin has served the mix. Not everybody gets songs to mix day in and day out. In this particular regard, piracy is raising the bar. AIR's Cubase testers pay Steinberg's highly-priced tab because, after fair use, they realise that this DAW satisfies their every need; or maybe they just grew a habit and linger on. That's why I bought Pro Tools. I bought version 7 and now I own 11. It's not my experience with Slam Dawg. I tested it, loved it, used it everywhere and realised that it caused more harm than good in my mixes. This plugin induces some phasing that ruins my work. I stopped using it and thank that I didn't buy it. Maybe I'm not using it well, but what the heck. I don't care anymore.

2. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

More than likely he is Like the good old Microsoft. They are the biggest warez pirates around. Don't believe me google it.

3. farao

farao Rock Star

I am so sorry I used your software for free. Burp. Oops. So sorry. No, really. BUUUURP.

Oh dear.

4. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

How comes that most developers (including Urs Heckmann U-he) think that users of CRACKED software must be young folks??? And why the heck you come here to lament about cracks? Because you cannot do it on your KVR-audio forum? :mad:
    :wtf:

5. GokhanH33

GokhanH33 Ultrasonic

Lol. Everyone uses cracked software man. Even Martin Garrix himself.:yes:And I think that thread is a kind of commercial for Synthmaster. Lol, be proud if your software is in the request list.(if you didn't request it:bleh:) But in my opinion, 1 of 100 people uses Synthmaster. That's not a big deal then. Just let them use and know the others about your software. Or else you may have to start a topic like this.:wink:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  6. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Lol, the original post was from 2011, stop necroing posts and all will be well. :)

7. GokhanH33

GokhanH33 Ultrasonic

Lol, you're right. Which genious awakened this topic. Maybe himself again?!:rofl:

8. GokhanH33

GokhanH33 Ultrasonic

Lol. Old thread. Were you searching the archives and found this topic? And what are you doing at a warez site?:bleh:

9. statik

statik Audiosexual

welcome to the real world, i'm an actual publishing musician and i'm still paying to do music, without the whole MP3 piracy my music wouldnt be listened to as much as it is now. i'm not gonna complain about this though, i'm just happy that people are actually listening to it.

10. Axleman

Axleman Noisemaker

Well isn't it a funny world. First let me say that I'm no angel, but I do try then buy. If I take my neighbours shovel, is that ok if I don't use it to make money? On the other hand, the shovel I do own is mine - period. I'm not just licensed to use it, it belongs to ME. I'm getting a drink...

11. AwDee.0

AwDee.0 Kapellmeister

i bought it around 2012 or so, based on the hype. it always crashes, be it simple task or heavy sound design! and now the gui is skewed and no parameter is editable i cant even scroll through presets. tried to upload a pic but something went wrong... put in 8000 more

12. dlearyus

dlearyus Noisemaker

13. luki3

luki3 Member

Four or five years old thread, synthmaster is going strong :bleh:.
    The kids are the ones coming out of uni, with their projected bell curve charts, showing you how much money you could have, if everyone bought your product. :trolls::trashing::knock:

14. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

sorry for that but it looks like you stupid businessman who didn't learn how to run a business !! there is many stupid companies like yours
    who don't know shit about business , and then close the company and crying why it happen !

sell it for 20$ bundle and you become 10 times more rich then you today . but you stupid businessman think if you sell it for 300$ you become a rich guy and thats exactly how companies closing the doors .

simple calculations 20$ x 50,000 = 1$ Mil which you can achieve it in couple MT after you release it .
    what you win from that ? only good
    * company will grow up
    * customers will be happy
    * you will earn more money then you think

but right now what you earn ? 50-60k ? and all your sells stop , and you need to pay for the website/hosting/programmers and the most imported is the family which is really sad !!!!
    stop to be hungry for the money and you will see how the money will start to failing from the sky into your packets .

15. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    Tried Zebra, bought it. Tried Serum, bought it. Tried Ableton Live for a long while and finally bought it and a Push2.
    Tried Synthmaster and all the Tone2 synths, deleted them.

Personally found nothing to coax me to spend hard currency or even keep the cracked ones around.

And that is voting with my wallet.

16. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    I think we won't get the chance as those evil lawyer vermin will get hired to patent everything (all your DNA are belong to us) - much like the photocopiers blocking printing money, the lab machines will check the
    Monsanto DNA licence cloud.

Larger concern is: Will governments and corporations even allow the 'commoners' access such technology?

Brave New World

17. Ejaymilev

Ejaymilev Noisemaker

that's confusing... what the heck are u talking about?

18. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Has anyone ever seen 'both' versions of the movie, "The Time Machine"? This thread harkens back to the premise of both versions. Question: Who in Hell pulled the damn lever?

19. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Bought your synth in January 2014. Still use it daily, and always loved it.

With love from Boston, MA, USA,

impressive (aka C******r)

PS: I'm waiting for more Bigtone Signature soundsets for your synth. You need to get him/them to make some more so I can buy them and use them in all my tracks.

20. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

whether it was cracked or not and whether he's peeping in on the scene or not, Im not gonna knock his product, I dream of one day being able to make instruments. but yeah, until now I've never heard of it.