Stop cracking small developers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by iamslim11, Mar 26, 2020.

1. kitvonk

kitvonk Guest

isn't that why analog obsession changed to donation ware?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. kitvonk

kitvonk Guest

didn't he even post here...?

3. odod

odod Rock Star

now i remember the old days using MiRC .. with XDCC Commands etc .. w

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. nunziaforum

nunziaforum Ultrasonic

the good times are over, when there were strong teams like H2O, OXIGEN, RADIUM, strong enough to break Cubase, the only ones who managed to do it and who were real! today, however, they are small crackers, trying to break, but they never succeed perfectly, the big teams that make you dream of trying a very expensive plug-in or Daw will never be born again! :disco:

5. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Exactly what I thought since a few months.

Unfortunately, I totally agree with you: Why are these groups not going after the "big ones"? Too complicated technically speaking? Or something else?

Cracking a $20 plugin just to show that you are skilled/talented doesn't mean much even if the plugin has a sophisticated protection scheme.

And unless proven otherwise, attempting to crack a $500 app/plugin isn't necessarily way more complicated than cracking one of these unknown $20 plugins that they are so proud to release. After all, iLok is already no longer a concern AFAIK.

Finally:
    Hopefully, I will not see some replies similar to "They don't owe you anything".
    Just to clear things up, nobody owes anyone anything, this would be assuming that we are requesting/expecting these things, which is not the case as we already have more than enough stuff at our disposal.
    This "They don't owe you anything" is a just a polite way to tell someone to shut the F* up and refusing to debate.
    This is just not related to the comment of the OP or to what I wrote previously. Assuming otherwise would simply be erroneous.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Wishful thinking

They don't owe you anything. They don't owe me anything. As you said, they don't owe anybody anything. Therefore, nobody should be telling the release teams what to crack or not to crack, and these people should also stop divulging unfounded conspiracy theories.That simple.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Talula

Talula Rock Star

because ... there are many reasons, here are some:
    - all of these tools, effects, daws are cracked, but not to be used for free.

- cracking software and hacking a site are very similar: you need to find a security vulnerability; understand how this vulnerability can be exploited; remove or bypass restrictions, but so that the alarm signal does not turn on (it is about time-bombs, etc.).

- 0day is what makes developers fix their mistakes faster. software vulnerabilities can be used not only for registration. for example, to gain remote access to a computer or root for a server. if the vulnerability is not public, then it can be "fixed" for an unreasonably long time, but knowledgeable people will use this vulnerability. the emergence of a method for implementing a vulnerability in public affects the time that this vulnerability is fixed.

- ordinary users find it difficult to understand the cracking philosophy that was at the very beginning. it’s like chess - if you get a check, you must evade the threat. would it be interesting for you to play chess if your opponent makes the moves that the world champion tells him in SMS? so in cracking. cracking software that uses protection, for example, from syncrosoft, the vulnerability will not be fixed by the software developer, syncrosoft developers will fix it. and until the vulnerability is fixed, software cracking will be a simple repetition of the same actions. driving a king into a corner of a chessboard moving in one cell is very boring.

- there is also the concept of integrity of breaking. if the software costs $99, but it takes two weeks to crack it, then it’s cheaper to buy the software. because in 2 weeks the cracker will earn more. H2O talked about this when they cracked Cubase 3. they simply pointed out the vulnerability and showed how it can be used. so did before them, so did after them. you simply do not know about such cases; you are from another world.

- you are impudent! yes it is. you think crackers MUST crack software for you. but this is not so. the more you require crackers, the less willing they are to do something. because instead of gratitude and kind words, you say "it would be better to crack another program!" or not following the instructions, you say that crack is not working and demand, demand, demand. again and again...

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Interesting x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Talula

Talula Rock Star

ууффффф...
    короче, завалите ебальнички и берите то, что вам дают. не нравится то, что дают? так идите и купите лицензию на то, что вам нравится. заебали уже, халявщики, блять...

9. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Дарёному коню́ в зу́бы не смо́трят.:guru:

10. ThrashHead

ThrashHead Platinum Record

Do more drugs and crack more files. It is the way.

11. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Well, in this particular case, I dont see what is bad about having a debate about this.
    If we keep it in topic, and use logic argumentation, it can be interesting /constructive.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Read below.

This is what is bad about threads like this. The baseless conspiracy theory/accusation of teams accepting payments from developers. Nothing is wrong with debating, but this is not debating. This is ungratefulness, fact-less, speculation. There is nothing educative or interesting about it that we don't know. Without intending to do so, you are giving the green light to any member to open a thread, and whine and bitch about the release teams, under the disguise of "debating" the teams autonomous way of operating. The decisions as to whether to release or not should not be questioned, nor opened to mere speculation. Indeed, each team decides what to crack and more importantly , what to release. With that said, you are the Mod, and therefore, if you think that it is OK for members to use the forum to smear the reputation of the release teams with baseless conspiracy theories, and dictate how they should operate, then let it be it. :bow:

13. poly

poly Platinum Record

One of the Radium statements.
    _ _ .radium.manifesto. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    (» » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » » )
    ( Radium believes that students and young people should have hands-on )
    ( access to computer tools so they can find out which career is right )
    ( for them. )
    ( )
    ( It's well known that most students (and even older people) change )
    ( their career direction multiple times as they try out different )
    ( things. These utilities are too expensive for a student to buy )
    ( only to find out they are much better at 3d graphics or programming )
    ( than audio engineering. Or that the program doesnt work the way they )
    ( imagined it. And unfortunately, you don't become employable by learning )
    ( to use the budget $80 tools that a student could afford. Radium )
    ( promotes practical self education -- If you use this software for )
    ( more than learning then buy it! )
    (_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ )
    À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»À»

14. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Talking about pirated software in general here. And not considering ethical issues.

Most people download cr*cked stuff just because they don't pay for it. They don't care about the cr*cker or the company. I'm one of them.
    With the time I've learned some things about the scene, more than I'd wish but it's useful sometimes. Trustworthy/better releases and stuff.
    As for the rest, I see pointless to try to get in the head of a cr*cking team.

Music software is not as used as other kind of apps like office, adobe, etc. It's normal that there're ups and downs.

Also, many people like me use them as a hobby. Nowadays there're far fewer users of PCs, not to talk about desktop ones, compared to 15 years ago. Many young people use smartphones or tablets for their techie hobbies. Sure, other ones, involving internet most of them.

So there's less demand for PC pirated software in general, and especially pro music stuff and other complex but less used kinds.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

i know i'm goint to get flack.. haha I've never minded that. but it's kinda curious how mods police thoughts about these crackers.why cant conspiracies be made? why can't we share our thoughts about their intentions? i feel like the more you sweep up any conspiracy under the carpet, the more people are inclined to think stuff up or put 2 and 2 together

16. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

It's a matter of choice.
    The "scene" Teams provide us with "unlimited demos" to check if that specific plugin has what we need. If so, then it's up to you to buy and support the developer or not.
    I own many plugins due to this "system", and I talk by many other users too.
    If you like it and you can afford it, then do the right thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

If I'm not mistaken, this relates to the subject of the OP.

18. Talula

Talula Rock Star

stupid translator...
    no, I'm talking about... total price of crack...
    I don't know how to say it in English...

19. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

This is as stupid as it can be, I agree. Because anyone with a basic analytic capacity can deduce that if any team would ask for payment, they would be tracked and taken down. Money always leave traces. Not to speak about Major Teams Ethic policy .
    And this kind of thread can help to explain this to the "all is conspired" minded members.

But as other member may express more logically argued opinions it still could be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

The scene already respects these rules you mentioned.
    A good example therefore is Soothe.. :bleh: