still waiting on Superior Drummer 3. will it ever happen?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kingvrage, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Graf

Graf Platinum Record

with the functionality of daws growing like crazy, all the dedicated drum sequencers are getting left behind. quickly, people are learning to do this in the daw anyway

2. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

EZ Drummer for me... looks awesome, does all I need.

I Hope the UI for SD3 includes Drum kit renders... Just makes the experience so much more enjoyable for me.

If BFD3 Had a Dark UI scheme I would use it more but that light background... bleh.. " I cannot abide it !"

So its an almost 250 Gig Folder Hog.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  3. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Nothing wrong with programming and why should there be :dunno:
    That's what the software there for. If it wasn't useful Toontrack wouldn't include it as an option.
    I've played guitar for many years and therefore don't ever use programming for guitar. However i can understand why it's an option and great for people that can't. Also there's no superiority or snobbery involved and there never should be.
    There's loads of instruments that I can't play like piano, woodwinds etc.
    It's a fantastic option to have the ability to include those instruments in your music and gives you the option to add many more dimensions that you normally wouldn't be able to do so.
    At the end of the day we all have different strengths and weakness and it's pretty simple.
    Very few of us are lucky enough to be naturally gifted enough to turn our hands to anything.
    The fantastically gifted minority such as Shaun Lane, George Lynch etc are more often than not hugely humble.
    In general they understand how difficult it can be to play certain instruments and their work rate is sometimes immense.
    Though the few are hugely gifted they are always seeking new abilities, new dimensions to exploit. At the end of the day it's all about the end product and snobbery is ignorance. No place for it all coz we all start somewhere :yes:
    Shaun Lane, whilst he was alive used constantly be amazed by the programming revolution and saw it as nothing short of a different option that could be exploited to produce great results.
    He used to talk about Buckethead and how he reproduced amazing solos using programmable sources.
    In the words of the great man himself with regards to robots :rofl:

4. peacefulburningz

peacefulburningz Kapellmeister

Did anyone else get a 40% off email for Superior 2? Maybe that's a sign???? Probably not idk....

5. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Don't know if I got a mail recently but u can always pick it up cheap somewhere :)
    Don't know bout SD2 as in the drummer and Avatar itself but think they been doing the 40% thing off expansions etc for a while now.
    You can always pick it up alot cheaper if you shop around with the middle men if you get me.
    They sometimes do some great deals. Think I picked it up with Avatar around the 60 dollar mark by looking at deals and for that price I reckon it's a bargain.
    There always a sale going on somewhere at the various stores and in general you can pick up EZD2 expansions around 30 dollars and the SD2 expansions vary upwards tfrom say 60 dollars and up in sales. If u pick one up every so often tho when u able B4 to long u have a load of options. They rarely have deals with the midipacks and EZmix etc and I think they a little overpriced myself :dunno:
    Fortunately u can still just extract the midi and use it even with legit as they got no protection and if u just put it in user folder etc the Install manager don't pick it up.
    Even if it does it don't matter none.
    Same goes 4 the EZ Keys midi etc and that's pretty useful to have.
    Yeah at around 40-60% of I reckon it a pretty good deal :yes::bow::wink:

6. lasteno

lasteno Platinum Record

I don't think it would ever happen ...