Steven Slate 2 Trigger Problem!

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Havana, Jul 22, 2023.

1. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

I've been searching for a solution where I can trigger the snare when the snare's being hit and trigger the rimshot as well when the rimshot is being played using Slate Trigger 2.

This is in the context of mixing livestream live band so automation is not an option here.

Currently I'm using 1 channel for the snare and 1 channel for the rimshot with the snare threshold set very high and the rimshot threshold set very low. Both inputs are fed from the same snare signal.

Of course I could use fader rides to control both channels but I'd prefer something where I don't have to touch the faders.

I'm also using a compressor with a side chain on the rimshot channel to push the rimshot volume down when the snare is being hit. The problem is the rimshot sounds to low when that is being hit because of the side chain compression. Of course I could pull down the send level from the snare but I'm looking for a more hands free solution.

Maybe a plugin that can switch from compressor to expander depending on the threshold set.

If anyone has a solution please let me know. Thank you all !!!!