Steve Faoki's Greatest Hits: Part 1

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Desantïs, May 23, 2016.

1. You have definitely improved.

2. Daz

Daz Guest

Hey!! The dude at 0:38 is trying to steal Cav's image :snuffy:.....:hahaha:.....:mates:

3. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

To be fair I can't grow a beard like his, but he definitely doesn't have my trademark paunch

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

@Mykal good to read from you! Awesome footage you posted there :) If that mix really is from 98 you played it oldschool even back then, which had been totally my vibe at that time. I remember there were very few djs who played oldschool electro, as a matter of fact I only remember I-F and Dave Clarke holding up the electro fire. Playing it retro sure was kind of avantgarde back then and taking the development of electronic music of the early 2000s into account, it was frankly without alternative ;) But I have to say in the last 7 years or so incredibly good electronic music has been made, apart from that EDM crapfest. Don't balk at that great music. You'd miss a lot!

5. statik

statik Audiosexual

it sounds like the song were made with loops and not actually played or thought out

6. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

First i have to say that giving other people shit like Foster stating that most o the guys here cant produce things like that is just plain bull.. Many have already spotted that its not even original work that is done here as stated. So comon Foster, i always liked you post but that is so low and i cant see why wanna say something like that.

So then to the post it self. Very understandible there is no "red line" connection this material. Its no Artist signature in it and that also makes it clear since its not hes own material in this mix. Most DJs is easily spotted since you can hear it in their work. Even if peopel improve in their mastering skills or even song writing you can still hear its that artist. tehre are ofc some exceptions in that statement but in general that the case.

And then again, first time i spoted something from this self claimed messiah DJ it was about a girl who sang on one of his tracksthat he didnt wanna get cred to so she took the work herself. Dont know how it all ended since hes arguments were so damn ignorant. Claming that a singer that make melodies should not be given any cred for that work.. pure ignorant.. But it also clear that giving cred to the original artists here is a long long way from gonna happend. (was suprized when i saw he done it, maybe something good is about to happend with hes attitude, but it should be posted on soundcloud and not here only)

Also, nothing wrong in having self confidence since many artist have that attitude and that goes for sports aswell. But then they are fucking amazing in what they do. Just as many other are very laid back and let the music speak for them self.

I dont have any problems giving steve cred here. And that is how he manage to get he attension of this many by doing what he does. To bad its not about the music but only how stupid and ignorant a person can be.,

Be safe all and hug each other..
    Vaijj

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  7. Desantïs

Desantïs Banned

Most of these tracks I never even released on soundcloud.. I am not some famous DJ who prances around waving his hands.. I'm just an average guy with big dreams and determination and conviction. Even as we speak I am in my 'studio' (bedroom) working on making a track and watching hornet VU meters youtube tutorials. You can hate on me but my heart is in the right place and whether I use my name or another those are all my songs and remixes.

I only sleep 5 hrs a day..

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Steve.. There is not hate what so ever from my side.. And as said im sure you work your ass of and i wish you all the best in reaching your goals. What i dont like is the attitude you have towards others and their work. Its not even about your music.. or other music that you claim is yours by adding some room etc to it.. and you know, if you didnt spend som large words in how awesome you are maybe you would be able to sleep more and get better results since you dont have to prove your self so much. Must be som much easier to be just Steve Faoki then Steve "TheMightySuperDJUbersturbandfurherMessiah" Faoki.. just think about it.. just as in music we all are getting back what we send out..

Take care and be safe..

9. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Steve, m8. As a guy who hires and fires people, I would strongly recommend that you drop the "I have a dream" line. Seriously, brah. The moment that anyone says that during the interview process, they're toast. Don't say it - ever. No-one in business will hire a self-confessed dreamer.

10. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

[​IMG]

11. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

12. eboe

eboe Producer

I am waiting for part 2 :D

My sound ...

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Never made it to orlando but was all over miami, ft laud, and ybor. Edge, outer limits, masqerades, fever, the list goes on......

14. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

i can t judge because it s not my genre at all, but i heard a plagiarism of "blue" by eiffel65 om one track

15. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

What are some green lights?

Do other ppl post links to their work for comment? cause even if he's a kcirp, he has balls. Not so easy to do what he did. I did miss all his braggin if he did do that. @eboe I'm listening to yours now.

Hey! Reggie can be that slow moving nowadays!? It was very calming, which to me is very hard to do. I listen to music to calm down, it's easy for me to get excited. When I was 18, I dated a 22 year old Jamaican woman in college, and I remember the dancing and the music differently. When I saw the movie "Dirty Dancing" I laughed myself silly. That was not dirty dancing like I was introduced to...
    I find a woman singing and not yelling at me very pleasant.

Either way the DJ scene is very very very, ..., very, controlled, it's not like something simple to do. They are very profitable to the venue, because they can turn over crowds 2-3x a night because they can play longer than a band, AND charge super high prices for drinks..."meds" aside...it's a license to print money (cash at that) so organized anything could be around too. The desert holds many a soul, my friend. Keep your dreams tempered by sober sight.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  16. boy56

boy56 Newbie

If you really are serious about music, then why the fuck is your name so close to Steve Aoki?

And you mention "Greatest hits"... But you haven't actually made a hit. Unless you define a 'hit' very differently from others.

17. foster911

foster911 Guest

People here do not have a better job to do?:unsure:

18. AwDee.0

AwDee.0 Kapellmeister

theory sounds solid, stereo sounds solid, and every other question you had about making music... i don't get it

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. soundgenius3z

soundgenius3z Newbie

Good vibes steve Im wishing you nothing but success. Blessings

20. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    @Steve Faoki, Bro, I'm allowing myself a few words here to offer my sympathy to you. People have been blunt here, but you incited this. I know it takes solid brass to do what you did. You put it to the grindstone and worked your ass off to produce your "greatest hits." Please, take something from this experience and notch your ego down a bit. I've seen progress in your mixes and it's a good point. Keep up your work. Not now, but surely in time you'll find your own voice musically and then be the producer you want to be. Don't feel discouraged. Take everybody's words however hurtful as advice for your coming work. If you let me criticize something, it is the attitude of "I'm a newbie here and I need advice" and a couple of months later you go "I'll start an instructional channel and charge discount prices to the community, but please teach me how to make videos." It is nonsense. And please, don't delay crediting people's work. Your tracklist was not something for people to ask. It should have been a given, otherwise you look like a thief. Let me insist. I don't want to sound condescending. On the contrary, I appreciate your effort. I can tell you've bitten your tongue these couple of days and remained cool. It's a good start. Kudos to you, dude.

EDIT: I don't mind your questions. If I have an answer, I'll be happy to deliver.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List