Steve Aoki caught using pirated software in promo video

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by phenomboy, Aug 22, 2013.

1. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

In the teaser for his upcoming collaboration with Linkin Park, Steve Aoki got caught using a cracked version of Sylenth 1 (Team Arcade)
    Can't believe a 12$M networth of Dj can't buy a legit version of Sylenth1. It doesn't even come up with dongles of shitty authorization process
    Read the thread in reddit

[​IMG]

3. i1studios

i1studios Member

He just happened to get caught but he definitely isn't the only one. I can name quite a few well known producers who have millions of dollars who I know for sure use/buy these.

4. olson

olson Member

hm - funny

he propably just should have contacted lennar digital - im very shure they WANT him to use the plug in - even for free

its good advertising

if people with money dont support the developers, who does? i like to slap him IN THE FACE

5. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

What you know about douchebags ? you can't undouchebag them

6. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

Dude has a perfectly awesome Access Virus there. What the hell is he using Sylenth for???? :dunno:

7. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

PLAY THE GAME / UNLOCK THE VSTi
    REGISTER AT LENNARDIGITAL.COM

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

sylenth1 is portable - i mean im sure he is producing on the road aswell.
    or you tried to transport your virus with u in plane and try to make some music.

anyway i still hate to see that, i mean i bought sylenth1 from my low income and these fgt made tone of money and cant even buy it. something is utterly wrong with the world. :snuffy:

EDIT: i bet the vengeance Dubstep sample cd is pirated aswell - maybe he is a regular visiter of our nice page?! :rofl:

9. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

I understand if your on the go, but if your in the studio and that lovely beast is there......................Virus>Sylenth ANYDAY :thumbsup:

I also think that its really jacked up that some of these dudes actually resort to using cracked VST's. I thought they were millionaires?

10. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

Pretty Sure he is :rofl:

11. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

one should send him a tweet with our page and tell him that his sylenth isnt uptodate. :bleh:
    anyway its really embarassing, i mean he is a role model for young musicians, now they can say - Aoki is doing the same and gets away with it - why should i buy a legal copy of anything music related? :sad:
    the same goes Tim Bergelinge and his pirated Sylenth or Mike Koglin with his pirated sylenth.
    i always thought producers own the stuff they use, but im wrong as it looks - sad.

well sylenth1 has just a better workflow, i mean look - virus has for example sync issues from time to time - this can really wreck your creative process in producing a track - im sure thats why he uses sylenth1 more.
    Another point i would rise is that you can bounce in the Virus and then have your bounced files without, but you cant change them on the road.
    thats why software is the future imo. (even it lacks the physically connection - turning knobs and things.)

12. jiemayn

jiemayn Newbie

well I own both a virus and sylenth and they both hold their own.

but back on topic its just sad!! I spend thousands of dollars in software, I would even post a picture of my libraries I PAID for and I am a nobody.. because I thought people with good integrity get good things in life, but I live a semi decently unlucky life...

13. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

Dude google for soft synth and the two VSTs you'll find immediately and on every list for soft synths and every forum post are Sylenth1 and Massive. Lennar Digital dont need that kind of advertisment... It's a one man show, but his plugin is one of the most famous out there!

I think it's just fucking ignorant of these morrons to use cracked stuff. Man, they make money with music, its just fair to pay for their gear!

BTW, I remember that in a video about the swedish house mafia on Future Music Magazine's YouTube they downloaded an illegal version of a plugin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLbGrfnRGK4

14. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

I agree, both the Virus and Sylenth have respective spots on the road or in the studio. Why use only one when you can use both, it definitely won't hurt the creative juices.

These dudes are fucking scumbags, for real, theres no clear argument to justify why someone as successful as Aoki would opt to use cracked vst's over just buying the damn things. At his level thats the least he could do because I bet he's written plenty of shite with Sylenth. Shite that he's probably made money off of! Seeing that puts a lot of things into perspective in the waaaaaaaaaaay over hyped multimillion dollar "mega" DJ biz.

On another note, I hate to say this because I'm a fan of all kinds of genre's and respect all musicians everywhere. But some of those DJ's sound exactly the same, which isn't bad, but then you add the fact that that shite is so formulated by now. Everything from the sounds they use to the structure and harmonies, all sounds the same. I'm not saying its bad, it's just crazy that in can survive and rake in that much dough. I guess you can say that for all other major genres, but you guys know what I mean. Its honestly quite amazing when you think about it. Sooner or later I'm gonna have to get my house/electro house/tech house/progressive house and dance chops up. :boombox:

15. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

a bit pathetic to go against file sharers of their works and then use pirated synths/sample cds?
    well karma is bitch you know!

16. olson

olson Member

€139 vs. thounsands of views
    they may not need it - but they would do it - i would - who wouldnt?

just marketing.

17. urOk

urOk Member

I understand people who use cracked software, those who do not have money, those who want to learn something new, but totally do not understand those who earn millions on making music and continue to rob plugins producers. This shit disgusts me.

18. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

Yep, true!

I have no problem to confess I used warez, too. back then I didnt had the money (well, actually dont have it now either :rofl: ), and I didnt know how serious I would feel about music.

For a beginner it's okay, specially when you think about the fact that some demo versions are crap, and others dont even have demos for their software. Plus there are no demos for samples...

But as soon as you constantly use this stuff (I use Sylenth1 every fucking day!) and you make money or plan to make money with it, then you should buy it! My opinion...

I kinda respect people who boycott some companys, as long as they pay those who really put effort in their software/samples! Im pretty sure some will disagree now, but thats my opinion!

19. eternaloptimist

eternaloptimist Member

avicci also has a team arcade sylenth lol

just from the views from that youtube vid he could buy sylenth lol

im sure the lennar digital guys were like " what the actual fuck dude "

20. madman jason

madman jason Newbie

this is really funny, and he should be ashamed.

21. pjotr41

pjotr41 Newbie

lol not new, that famous producer using warez

but why do he use Team Arcade and not TEAM AIR sylenth1, its more stable :rofl: