Stereo Receiver for Home Studio question

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Shouylderpain45ed, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Shouylderpain45ed

Shouylderpain45ed Noisemaker

I have 4 sets of passive speakers running to a SIMA Stereo Speaker Selector and from there to my JVC stereo receiver which just died. I need to replace it, but it's been ages since I've bought a new one and could use some advice...

Like most of you I have powered studio monitors running out from my audio interface for listening while recording/mixing. After you've bounced your mixes down and want to audition them on different passive speakers, what kind of stereo receiver are you using and what were you looking for when you bought it?
    I'd rather spend under $200 or as close to $100 as possible. 100W for each of the biggest speakers and I plan on only playing one set at a time.

I was thinking something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078WFDR8...colid=A6W563NW6G05&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Thanks for your insight!

3. kmcetal

kmcetal Newbie

I use a Yamaha Pure Direct amplifier (not a receiver, no am/fm etc.) pure direct takes the eq out of the path, works great with my passives.

4. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

An old Rotel amp could be real fine. They can be had inexpensively.